Page 1 of 2

Problem with Microsoft Active X on Indigo site front page

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:29 am
by ROUBAL
Hi, Today, when opening Indigo site with internet Explore 7, I got a warning telling me that a Microsoft Active X had to be installed to view some content of indigo site.

As it was signed Microsoft, I accepted... bad idea !o(

Since that, I have an empty frame instead of the Image on the front page, and an error message at the bottom saying that some error remains on the page.

I have looked at the site with Firefox, and noticed that there is an animation (slide show) on the page. It doesn't work with IE7 which is my usual web browser.

Any advice or information ?

I don't want to switch to Firefox because of some compatibility problems on other sites.

Thanks in advance.

Philippe.

Re: Problem with Microsoft Active X on Indigo site front page

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:44 am
by Doug Armand
Only thing I would suggest is you upgrade to IE8 - it's much,much better than IE7 and in the process might solve this problem? :wink:

Re: Problem with Microsoft Active X on Indigo site front page

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:01 am
by ROUBAL
Do you know if bookmarks are compatible from IE7 to IE8 ? Because I have hundreds (maybe thousands !) of them and I'd don't like to have them unusable.

Re: Problem with Microsoft Active X on Indigo site front page

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:11 am
by Doug Armand
ROUBAL wrote:Do you know if bookmarks are compatible from IE7 to IE8 ? Because I have hundreds (maybe thousands !) of them and I'd don't like to have them unusable.
I believe it's doable - I suggest to make a backup of them first either way.

Having had a quick Google it looks like there is no problem going IE7 - IE8. It's only the other way thats a problem. But if you backup them up before upgrading, ie export them , then that shouldn't be a problem either way.

But do some googling first for yourself - I may no promises :shock:

Re: Problem with Microsoft Active X on Indigo site front page

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:32 am
by Doug Armand
OK I've just encountered the same problem as you so upgrading to IE8 won't solve it. Not sure what the problem is - it's a microsoft active X for goodness sake!.

I still recommend the upgrade but at least you now know it won't solve this particular problem :?

Re: Problem with Microsoft Active X on Indigo site front page

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:33 am
by pixie
ROUBAL wrote:Do you know if bookmarks are compatible from IE7 to IE8 ? Because I have hundreds (maybe thousands !) of them and I'd don't like to have them unusable.
You can download chrome and it will import all of them... then you'll have a faster browser as a plus ;)

Re: Problem with Microsoft Active X on Indigo site front page

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 am
by ROUBAL
Thank you for these informations.

Well, I have made some searches on Microsoft Site to find out if it was possible to remove Active X control...

I found a method, but I got no effective result :

In the Windows/Downloaded Program files, I deleted two files marked as defective and unknown. The defective was an Active X Control (.ocx file), but The problem on indigo site remains the same. Maybe it is a problem on the site itself ?

Re: Problem with Microsoft Active X on Indigo site front page

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:22 am
by suvakas
Not working here with IE8.
I have empty thing there looking like a text box, with scroll bar and everything.
This is a very bad habit of guys at Glare to develop site in live and not to test it with different browsers.

Re: Problem with Microsoft Active X on Indigo site front page

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:52 am
by Doug Armand
suvakas wrote:Not working here with IE8.
I have empty thing there looking like a text box, with scroll bar and everything.
This is a very bad habit of guys at Glare to develop site in live and not to test it with different browsers.
Yes I have to agree with that - Ben?

Re: Problem with Microsoft Active X on Indigo site front page

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:36 am
by Godzilla
After the platform issues are worked out- you may want to get some images in there that aren't all archviz.. and perhaps images which aren't noisy.

Re: Problem with Microsoft Active X on Indigo site front page

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:47 am
by benn
Fused! To this forum post please! :D

Re: Problem with Microsoft Active X on Indigo site front page

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:55 am
by fused
Hahaha, ok thats my fault!

Its a flash movie and I hab some problems with IE, too. No idea why that happens, will investigate :)

Re: Problem with Microsoft Active X on Indigo site front page

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:42 am
by fused
should be fixed. IE should now know its flash and ask you to install it if you dont have it yet. a more sophisticated solution that will show alternative content for people without flash is on the way, too.

Re: Problem with Microsoft Active X on Indigo site front page

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:13 pm
by cpfresh
doesn't seem to work for me. tried on ie8.

there was an error in the structure of your data.xml file:
"error on line 8 at column 1: Extra content at the end of the document"

i think you need one parent <item> only. currently there are two.

Re: Problem with Microsoft Active X on Indigo site front page

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:36 pm
by Doug Armand
OK I can see it fine now - agree with Godzilla though maybe some more variety in the images?