Page 1 of 1

[REQ] It's about the PM system

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:13 am
by Borgleader
Would it be possible to have a link on the forum index that tells us whether or not we have new PMs?

Because in my case I only get a blocked pop-up thing and that's when I know I have a new PM, but sometimes I don't actually remember that it's not an add and dismiss it, leaving me to notice a few days later that I had a PM just sitting there. For example, I sent a PM to Deus 3 days ago and he still hasn't read it (since it's still in my outbox), and so either he doesn't care about his PMs or he just didn't know he had any,.

So yeah, I think that would be useful.

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:32 am
by dougal2
you could always turn on email notifications ;)

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:43 am
by Borgleader
dougal2 wrote:you could always turn on email notifications ;)
I don't check my e-mails that often, and...I don't want my inbox flooded either.

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:19 pm
by CTZn
there is an option in your profile:

Notify on new Private Message

If it doesn't work for you then that mean the pop-up window is being blocked...

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:26 pm
by Borgleader
Re-read first post, I mentionned the blocked pop-up box. It'd just be useful i think to have it on the first page. because it only pops one if you reload the page or click on something else first well...it goes away.

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:39 pm
by zsouthboy
Whitelist indigorenderer.com for popups?

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:25 pm
by fused
yeah, there are no popups on indigorenderer.com, except pm notifications...

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:43 am
by CTZn
Borgleader wrote:Re-read first post, I mentionned the blocked pop-up box.
Yep I didn't read it all, my bad :mrgreen: Still, you can do as zsb said...

So what you want is a permament line stating the number of new pm's ?

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:31 am
by zsouthboy
Or if you use FF or Opera (and I think Safari) create some custom javascript to put the text "YOU HAVE A NEW PM BORGLEADER. AND REMEMBER TO PICK UP SOME MILK WHEN YOU'RE OUT." in big red letters at the top of all pages when you get one.

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:20 am
by Borgleader
CTZn wrote:
Borgleader wrote:Re-read first post, I mentionned the blocked pop-up box.
Yep I didn't read it all, my bad :mrgreen: Still, you can do as zsb said...

So what you want is a permament line stating the number of new pm's ?
Something along the lines of this.

I mean we already have all the other things like "Last visited" and such on the first page, so I was thinking maybe we could have an extra line under that with the current amount of new PMs. It would be rather discreet yet easy to see.

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:24 am
by Kosmokrator
+1 Borgleader about the req!!!

i have some pm from one user and i saw it after 1,5 months radomly..... :(