tutorial request - layer

Tutorials/guides/tips on how to use Indigo and the Indigo exporters
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Jambert
Indigo 100

tutorial request - layer

Post by Jambert » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:31 am

Hi all

I don't understand anything to render layer, it looks usefull, I would like to start animation. Would be great to get some explanation on it!!! :D :D

or some screenshot :wink:

Thx

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:43 am

You mean a blender tutoria for instance, or the general concept ?

dmn
3rd Place Winner

Post by dmn » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:21 am

indigo layers are only for light--not objects-- so as long as your animation consists of turning lights on and off, it could work.

To use indigo layers through blendigo v1.1.14, find the material for your emitter object in Blendigo exporter module panel, set it as emitter and set the Layer to whatever. By default the sun is on layer 0, so move your lights to another layer if you want to be able to adjust them independently of the sun. Then in Indigo GUI use the corresponding layer controls.

If this is about blender layers, select an object and press m. a panel appears with little square buttons. The one that is depressed is the one you have turned on. You'll notice a little zit on it that signifies there are objects on that layer. Click another button to move the object to the associated layer. If you look at your 3d view, you will see a similar aggregation of buttons. The button that you selected now has a zit which tells you your object has moved there. Click on it to move to that layer. Hold shift and click on another layer button to turn more than one layer on.

Of course, Maybe you meant the 'Render Layers' tab in the Render panel in blender. That gives you the same pile of layer toggles, which indigo listens to. Everything below that is not used by indigo, but is used for rendering with blender's internal ray tracer.
Last edited by dmn on Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jambert
Indigo 100

Post by Jambert » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:32 pm

CTZn

sorry for my poor english, I mean general concept

dmn
indigo layers are only for light--not objects-- so as long as your animation consists of turning lights on and off, it could work.
yes that's it.. :D

thanks for explanation
:wink:

Onfame

Post by Onfame » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:16 am

i wrote a little german tutorial in germal, maybe the screen shot are useful for you :http://www.der-webdesigner.net/tutorial ... ndigo.html

5 posts • Page 1 of 1