Render Time And Quick Renders

Tutorials/guides/tips on how to use Indigo and the Indigo exporters
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
vaebhav udhayanan 1

Render Time And Quick Renders

Post by vaebhav udhayanan 1 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:09 pm

Hey, so im new to Skpindigo and ive been trying to render a few interior views. I often face a lot of difficulty with artificial lighting/ night views . The view rendered as night views take way too long and the fire flies/ white spots just keep getting worse is it goes. Im sure that this isnt meant to happen, which means that im not doing something correctly. what can i do to fix this? usually how long does a render take?
Attachments
Untitled (1).jpg

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Re: Render Time And Quick Renders

Post by Oscar J » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:28 pm

Wow, that definitely does not look right. The light sources should be low-poly and not too small. BiDir path tracing should be the best mode, if you're not using that already. Try a higher supersampling factor, like 3 or 4. Perhaps you could describe your light setup a bit more? A render at that resolution and at that rendering speed should not take more than half an hour to clear up.

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:27 am

Also, the brightness of white colour shouldn't be at 100%, 255 all the way. Something I read from a thread from a long time ago.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:14 am

thesquirell wrote:Also, the brightness of white colour shouldn't be at 100%, 255 all the way. Something I read from a thread from a long time ago.
Yes, shouldn't go much higher than 200.

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:11 am

Avoid to put light sources behind glasses or - even worse - frosted glasses: try to keep the light sources as "clean" as possible (lowpoly and without blocking objects). For interior shots try BiDir MLT mode.

If you have both sun/sky and artificial illumination, put exit portals over the opening towards the oudoor spaces; if you only have artificial lighting set a black environment: this will help you (and us) to understand the behaviour of the emitters you put in the scene.

Which is your hardware configuration?

d_aguirre78

Post by d_aguirre78 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:49 am

Thanks for the tips. I was doing an interior render and left it rendering all night only to wake up to a very noisy image. I tried the tips described by Pibuz and I cranked up an interior shot that rendered in 20 minutes what took the whole night on other settings.

Thanks!

6 posts • Page 1 of 1