SkIndigo 3.2 Video Tutorials

Tutorials/guides/tips on how to use Indigo and the Indigo exporters
cotty

Re: SkIndigo 3.2 Video Tutorials

Post by cotty » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:31 pm

Pibuz wrote:I didn't know the re-scale utility of tape measure: gonna get much more familiar with that :lol:
It is context sensitive, if you use it within a group or component, it scles onyl that content, otherwise the whole model can be scaled...
little gallery... http://unverzagt.biz/cottysgallery/

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:49 am

Pibuz wrote:Great Whaat!
..the last sentence is curious: it would need some further explication. Why you say "this sketchup file (and not the tree component) is ready to be imported into any other scene"?

I ask you because I've had some problems in the past copying the COMPONENTS in new scenes (some mats got messed up): does this last tip of yours solve that?
I thought this might be confusing but I didn't know how else to word it...

What I am trying to say is that you can import the SKP file into another SketchUp scene (using File->Import) and it will render the external tree without any additional set-up.

You can also drag and drop the SKP file into another scene using the Components Browser window (I have an entire library of external OBJ tree proxies that I can just drag and drop into any scene)

The reason I say "not the tree component" is that if you try to right-click save as... on the tree component itself, it will save the component at the wrong scale (at least I'm pretty sure it does) and each time you try import this component, you will need to re-scale it again.

I'll consider doing a Part 2 to this tutorial to demonstrate this.

To avoid messing up materials, be sure to give unique material names to your materials. It's a pain but I manually edit the OBJ material references to make sure that the names are unique (I just use Notepad++ to open the OBJ file and do a Find/Replace) to change material names from 'Bark' to 'EU28_Bark' for example)

Also note that the MTL file is ignored by Indigo so you only have to change the names inside the OBJ file.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Tue May 01, 2012 2:35 am

Exit Portals Video Tutorial:
http://youtu.be/lNBHZEeg39o

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Tue May 29, 2012 5:17 am

Motion blur tutorial:
http://youtu.be/ukzMWpQqPJc