Error when try to dowload a material using "search method"

Tutorials/guides/tips on how to use Indigo and the Indigo exporters
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
Mileczka

Error when try to dowload a material using "search method"

Post by Mileczka » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:24 am

Hi there,
From the material window in Indigio I'm searching for a new materials and then when I'm trying to download one I got this error window: "Windows cant find wget.exe", anyone knows what is the problem? :mrgreen:
Of course I'm modelling in Sketchup.

Coen Naninck

Re: Error when try to dowload a material using "search metho

Post by Coen Naninck » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:17 am

I have the same problem. I have attached the error message. After I click OK on that it says that the material was successfully loaded, but it is not.

Can someone please help?
Attachments
wget.gif
Error message when attempting to load material into Indigo Renderer.
wget.gif (5.42 KiB) Viewed 13452 times

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:12 am

Independently from your support request, you can tell Windows where to find specific dll's and executables by editing the PATH environment variable. Roughly (I'm using a french OS so items translation may use guesswork from you), here's the way:

Locate the wget application using Windows search. If this step fails you can forget about the method below :/
  • Right-click on My Computer > Properties
    Left pane, click Advanced System Settings
    Down the popping window click Environment Variables
    Seek for a variable called PATH (case sensitive) in either the user or system pool
    Where you find it, edit the value; do not delete it's content. Make sure it is terminated by a semi-colon then append the path to the directory containing the wget application. Apply and close system windows, restart SU (or the system, to make sure).
If you can't seem to find such a variable, then you can consider creating it, in the user variables if the computer is shared or using various accounts, in the system variables if you want the modification to be considered in all cases.

The other well known alternative is to drop files into the system(32) folder but I do not recommend this for you, might as well screw something on the wget side.
obsolete asset

Coen Naninck

Post by Coen Naninck » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:47 am

I can not find anything named PATH, only PATHEXT:

.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC

I do have path but it's lower case:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\

Please help.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:31 am

Given the accompanying data, path will do for you.

Again there is no guarantee I'm sorry to say, that's just the first step I would take with this (generic, Windows) error message, and having the required exe right on disk.

edit: I've just read your post according to wich you did not find wget.exe, that would be a showstopper regaring the metod hereby.
obsolete asset

Coen Naninck

Post by Coen Naninck » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Showstopper; Are you also saying that wget.exe may actually not be included in 3.0.14 and that my 'theory' may be correct?

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:54 pm

That's what I understood from your recent post in the SketchUp forum, rather. I don't know why this error is happening.

edit: in my case the application is present in the folder whaat is mentioning.
Whaat wrote:If this file is not there, maybe some Windows security feature is blocking it....
Could you check that out ? I suggest that we stick with the thread in the SketchUp forum to avoid further cross-posting... http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 17&t=11167
obsolete asset

Coen Naninck

Post by Coen Naninck » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:15 am

I agree, and I have replied in the other topic now. Let's continue there.

9 posts • Page 1 of 1