High Poly models

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
3D Software: SketchUp

High Poly models

Post by Lal-O » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:23 pm

Hi there guys!

I was wondering if there's a chance to get a NEW way of displaying the high poly models inside SketchUp, i mean , instead of using empty boxes we probably can use a simplified preview of the object to add ( Like Vray or Thea Render does with proxies). I think is really useful and a big time saver feature.

I really really hope this can be considered :D

My best regards.

snorky
Indigo 100

Re: High Poly models

Post by snorky » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:42 pm

would you like a dummy generator inside skindigo?
the glare team could ask Whaat (the author of the SKIMP plugin) for help and integrate it (a simplified version of...) into the exporter...
maybe it could
perhaps :wink:

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Lal-O » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:22 am

Yeah , something like that.

We actually have an option called "link to external", is the best feature ever, you don't have to load files of 300, 400 even 900 mb inside Sketchup ( is a real nightmare) The issue by loading empty boxes is that you don't have a way to see what you're importing (scale, rotation, etc etc.) until you render...big time consumer to have a nice image composition.

This is more what i am lookinfg for, import a simplified view of the model instead the empty box :D

It woudl be awesome :D

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15276

JastrebJ21

Post by JastrebJ21 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:11 pm

Thanks, I hadn't tried this feature earlier on... It's great that you're mentioning it, as I'm working on renders for redesigns of some of this real estate in Cannes, and being able to visualise everything without having to wait for my laptop to process everything is really going to help.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1