Page 1 of 1

Bugging time!

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:30 am
by latence
Hi everybody,

A get a little problem with skindigo or sketchup I'm not sure about that...

I was working on a scene that was not very complicated with 5-6 different indigo materials.
When I tried rendering, nothing happened. Much clearely, I could see the "Writing mesh ...." in the status bar but suddenly it stopped and nothing happened.
I tried exporting the scene to open it directly in indigo. I saw this message :
Error: There was an error with the scene file: failed to load XML doc from path 'C:\Users\Johan\Sketchup\Architecture\Usinae\Usinae-meshes.igs': Error reading Attributes. (Line 79848, column 44.)
The end of the file in attachment. Open it with a Bloc-note's style programme.
model-meshes.igs
(27.97 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
I was not sure how to interpret that but I purged all the UVs sets of every faces in the UV mapping of skindigo and then it worked...

But it started again later when my model became more complicated and I still haven't found any efficient solution now.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone help?

Edit : I'm working with skindigo 2.0.12 et the latest indigo

Re: Bugging time!

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:36 am
by latence
Little up.
Nobody can help?
Am I going to die alone in hell?

Re: Bugging time!

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:34 am
by Whaat
Hi latence,

The problem seems to be having to do with your use of multiple UV sets. It should have solved the problem when you purged all the UV sets. It would help greatly if you could post the SKP file.

Also, when you try to render, have the Ruby Console window open and tell me if there are any error messages.

Thanks

Re: Bugging time!

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:19 am
by latence
Oh yes there is an error appearing in the ruby console window :
Error: #<NoMethodError: undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass>
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 6/Plugins/skindigo.rb:7019:in `export_mesh'
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 6/Plugins/skindigo.rb:7004:in `each'
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 6/Plugins/skindigo.rb:7004:in `export_mesh'
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 6/Plugins/skindigo.rb:7002:in `each'
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 6/Plugins/skindigo.rb:7002:in `export_mesh'
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 6/Plugins/skindigo.rb:6972:in `each'
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 6/Plugins/skindigo.rb:6972:in `export_mesh'
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 6/Plugins/skindigo.rb:6750:in `export_meshes'
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 6/Plugins/skindigo.rb:6748:in `each'
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 6/Plugins/skindigo.rb:6748:in `export_meshes'
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 6/Plugins/skindigo.rb:531:in `export'
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 6/Plugins/skindigo.rb:7895
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 6/Plugins/skindigo.rb:7895:in `call'
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 6/Plugins/skindigo.rb:5155
Does it help?

If needed I can post the .skp file but it's quite heavy (7.9 MO)

Re: Bugging time!

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:10 am
by latence
Up...

Re: Bugging time!

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:36 am
by Whaat
Hi,

I haven't figured out the problem yet, but I will aim to fix this bug for next beta release. For now, try to purge all your UV sets for all your faces. Then SAVE your SKP file. Logically this should solve the problem but maybe there is something else going on.

Re: Bugging time!

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:42 am
by man
hi there. i think its because you are using the two point perspective mode in your scene tabs. sometime it happens to me too. change it back to perspective mode seem to work fine for me.

Re: Bugging time!

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:40 pm
by Whaat
Hi latence,

This bug should be fixed next release.