Basic Question on Night and Day

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Cyberdactyl

Basic Question on Night and Day

Post by Cyberdactyl » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:33 am

I just can't figure it out.

Sometimes when I want a night scene (no lighting except my own RGB or Blackbody) and I check "Black" under Render Settings and Environment, I get a lit sky and sometimes when I want a lit sky and uncheck Black I get a night scene. And much of the time I can't change it no matter what I do.

Yes, I hit 'apply changes'.

Also, many times, RGB lights do no emit as they should, when other RGB lights in the scene seem fine. If I rotate or change the perspective slightly in the scene they come on.

Am I missing something?

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Basic Question on Night and Day

Post by Pibuz » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:37 pm

The best way you can help us helping you is to post some images of the issues you have.
I don't get what's your problem. There must be something you're doing wrong, that's sure, for I have never had these problems, so it's not an Indigo/SkIndigo bug or something. :wink:

BTW, your second problem about the changing of RGB emitting geometry, I have some clues thinking that you placed your point of view inside a glass or a wall and SU doesn't let you see that. Then changing the position of the camera actually gets you out of the wall and then the render goes correctly. Maybe you could post your test scene!

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:16 am

@cyber:

It's possible that you are clicking the 'black' checkbox but you are forgetting to change the radio button to 'SketchUp Background Color'. Both must enabled in order to have a black background.

If this is in fact a bug, it is strange that nobody else has ever mentioned this. It is probably been a year or more since I modified the code that controls this.... :?

Cyberdactyl

Post by Cyberdactyl » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:49 am

Once again, it was my mistake. I indeed wasn't choosing 'SketchUp Background Color'.

I would have sworn I had chosen 'Sun and Sky' with black toggled in the past and had gotten a black scene.

As to the different perspectives causing some RGB's to not work, I'm thinking I had the power turned too low for those emitters and they were not 'showing themselves' compared to others in the scene early enough in the render process, and I assumed they were not emitting.

Thanks for the help guys!

Here's the project that was giving me trouble. It's a craft from a game I play alot.

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:29 pm

That is really cool!
Glad you solved your problems. :wink:

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:39 pm

Nice rendering cyber :wink:

6 posts • Page 1 of 1