Wishlist

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
ReinOwader
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:34 am

Re: Wishlist

Post by ReinOwader » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:33 am

Pibuz wrote:Hi Whaat!
I come out with this dream of mine: a few days ago I saw C4D integration with Indigo Renderer, and thought that would be WONDERFUL TO HAVE in SkIndigo too! ..maybe I am shooting a little too high (as we say in Italy :lol: ) ?

..I would also like to bump the mat test scene request: between the available mat test scenes, I think nobody uses cube or sphere or monkey anymore! I'd very like to have a testscene in METERS so the real bump/displacement value is applied to the previewed material too..
..and some time ago dcm posted very good mat test scenes which I'd very like to see included as optional test scenes in SKIndigo 8)

Tell me if I can help in any way!
No, no, no - don't take away my favorite test scenes (Sphere, monkey and cube). Maybe I am too old-school, but I use them all every time I use Sketchup. Only thing, I would like to have is: multiple custom test scenes, where for example one sphere is 1cm diameter, another 10cm and third 1m. Otherwise Skindigo material editor is my favorite. When few years ago I created complex materials in Indigo standalone material editor, then now I prefer Skindigo material editor because of simpler workflow and good test scenes.

User avatar
Pibuz
1st Place 100
Posts: 2643
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Padua, Italy
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Wishlist

Post by Pibuz » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:28 am

More control over image filters parameters, maybe optional (another tab) not to complicate the actual userfriendly SkIndigo GUI :D

User avatar
Whaat
Developer
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:15 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Wishlist

Post by Whaat » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:30 am

Pibuz wrote:More control over image filters parameters, maybe optional (another tab) not to complicate the actual userfriendly SkIndigo GUI :D
Yep, it's been on my todo list for awhile. Sorry for the long wait. :)

User avatar
Pibuz
1st Place 100
Posts: 2643
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Padua, Italy
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Wishlist

Post by Pibuz » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:40 am

No problem!

noldo
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:38 am

Re: Wishlist

Post by noldo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:59 am

Please, add the fresnel control in skindigo.

User avatar
Pibuz
1st Place 100
Posts: 2643
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Padua, Italy
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Wishlist

Post by Pibuz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:48 am

One request: when switching to monochrome render would it be possible to exclude the specular obects?

The classic case is when one has to evaluate the lighting conditions of an indoor scene, but if there are glasses at the windows the light won't come through.

User avatar
Whaat
Developer
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:15 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Wishlist

Post by Whaat » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:06 am

Pibuz wrote:One request: when switching to monochrome render would it be possible to exclude the specular obects?

The classic case is when one has to evaluate the lighting conditions of an indoor scene, but if there are glasses at the windows the light won't come through.
hmmm....I thought that it was already work in this way. :?

I'll have to look into this again.

User avatar
Pibuz
1st Place 100
Posts: 2643
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Padua, Italy
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Wishlist

Post by Pibuz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:37 am

..well.. I sensed I could have asked for it before, but I just checked and specular mats are just diffuse in the current version. THANKS A LOT!

User avatar
tarikb
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:26 am

Re: Wishlist

Post by tarikb » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:55 am

Can it be done, in sketchup, exr map view before render? I think it's one of the importen thing to do..
Skindigo
i7 5820K @3.3Ghz | GTX 660 Ti 3gb

ak-sam
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:48 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Wishlist

Post by ak-sam » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:17 pm

Just off the top of my head: (some of these are skindigo, some are indigo render)

*dummy objects that can swap with a random dummy from a set - eg, Tree_dummyX will swap with either Tree_1, Tree_2, Tree_3, etc. In this way, I could use one dummy component in Sketchup, but know that I will have at least 3 different tree types being used by Indigo..this adds a great deal of variety and 'naturalness'.
*A button to reset the tonemapping parameters to default values.
*Change the default sky/ground colours to user preference.
*Allow a background - the Background Plate Overlay is an overlay - we need an 'underlay'.
*Allow an environment map to be set as the default, instead of Sun/Sky.
*Change the default value for all basic materials from Diffuse to something else (phong 1.2, for example).
*Change the material properties for mateirals by batch or type, for example make all textured materials "bump map at 0.02m".
*Change the default values under material properties (eg bump value = "texture" to "sketchup")
*Allow dummy textures (eg, I use a 256x256 grass tile in Sketchup but that replaces with a 2000x2000 tile in Indigo.
*Pick and Assign Material/Object could apply to all of the materials/objects with that property, or just the one which is *clicked on) eg, if I want to replace all diffuse green colours with textured grass, I could, -or I could just replace one of green meshes in the scene independently.
*An easier way to create a thin glass textured within indigo (right now it has a blend or double sided thin option (and I have to choose a front and back material, etc)
Enabling
*Render mode with foreground alpha doesn't appear to work 100% of the time (sometimes the scene becomes very bright). Can this mode be selected by choosing "environment type = none"? - my intention is to render the scene as normal, but with a transparent background instead of sky & ground).

* Atmosphere with Clouds! :)
** Motion blur to apply to some objects only - eg the scene is static but the cars have motion blur applied.
Skindigo on 1x 6950x, 1x3970x, 6x3930k, 2x4930k, 3x5930k

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6171
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Contact:

Re: Wishlist

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:28 am

ak-sam wrote:*dummy objects that can swap with a random dummy from a set - eg, Tree_dummyX will swap with either Tree_1, Tree_2, Tree_3, etc. In this way, I could use one dummy component in Sketchup, but know that I will have at least 3 different tree types being used by Indigo..this adds a great deal of variety and 'naturalness'.
Great idea, will definitely add that.

User avatar
bubs
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Wishlist

Post by bubs » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:48 am

+1 for the underlay back plate.
The 'dummy' textures you refer to - surely this is already a feature? I always use low res place holder textures within sketchup, and then either use the LinkedIGM material, or just change the albedo slot from sketchup to texture and choose the high res texture to reference.

ak-sam
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:48 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Wishlist

Post by ak-sam » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:15 pm

bubs wrote:+1 for the underlay back plate.
The 'dummy' textures you refer to - surely this is already a feature? I always use low res place holder textures within sketchup, and then either use the LinkedIGM material, or just change the albedo slot from sketchup to texture and choose the high res texture to reference.
Ah - changing the slot - that never occurred to me to try!
I discovered an easier way though - simply uncheck the box "use maximum texture size" under Sketchup Model Preferences. Indigo will still see the orignal PNG but sketchup will downsample to 1024x1024. Just have to be careful about filepaths etc.
OnoSendai wrote:
ak-sam wrote:*dummy objects that can swap with a random dummy from a set - eg, Tree_dummyX will swap with either Tree_1, Tree_2, Tree_3, etc. In this way, I could use one dummy component in Sketchup, but know that I will have at least 3 different tree types being used by Indigo..this adds a great deal of variety and 'naturalness'.
Great idea, will definitely add that.
Awesome- I can't wait :D


One more idea occured to me:
Can Indigo be made to scatter objects on a surface? eg blades of grass?
Right now I use Sketchup's "Fur" plugin to scatter simple line components which swap out to little clumps of grass - but its a bit haphazard (stay clumps) and still generates 10,000s of components. The procedural materials I've tried don't look very good.

If combined with a randomiser scale/rotate/bend parameter, and the dummyX effect, we could get pretty natural grass in no time (or pebbles, or bubbles, or stars, or shrimps in the sea, or hairs on a monkey)

Also, the dummyX effect could be adjusted by ratio - eg grass_dummyX swaps to grass1 @ 80%, grass2@ 10%, grass3 @ 10%) (Grass 3 might be a dandelion.).

:D
Skindigo on 1x 6950x, 1x3970x, 6x3930k, 2x4930k, 3x5930k

User avatar
Pibuz
1st Place 100
Posts: 2643
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Padua, Italy
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Wishlist

Post by Pibuz » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:06 pm

HAIRS ON A MONKEY!
I DO THAT ALL THE TIME!!!!! :lol:

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6171
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Contact:

Re: Wishlist

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:44 pm

ak-sam wrote: One more idea occured to me:
Can Indigo be made to scatter objects on a surface? eg blades of grass?
Right now I use Sketchup's "Fur" plugin to scatter simple line components which swap out to little clumps of grass - but its a bit haphazard (stay clumps) and still generates 10,000s of components. The procedural materials I've tried don't look very good.
Why yes, yes it can:

http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=12085

Post Reply
215 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest