Wishlist

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
Whaat
Developer

Re: Wishlist

Post by Whaat » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:19 am

buzzkill wrote:
Pibuz wrote:Indigo now does!
How about RT?
Should work, too. :)

buzzkill

Post by buzzkill » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:19 am

Would be nice to be able to change the halt time or SPP after rendering has begun.

Jeff Hammond
Indigo 100

Post by Jeff Hammond » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:56 am

maybe a material override option? (for clay renders of already textured model)
basically, click a button and all the materials will export as a single user defined material.

also. a ground plane option would be nice (not sure if this is could be done via skindigo alone?)

(not original ideas.. stole them from maxwell's sketchup plugin) :)

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:44 am

Jeff Hammond wrote:maybe a material override option? (for clay renders of already textured model)
basically, click a button and all the materials will export as a single user defined material.

also. a ground plane option would be nice (not sure if this is could be done via skindigo alone?)

(not original ideas.. stole them from maxwell's sketchup plugin) :)
Hi Jeff,

You can change to monochrome face mode to make clay renders. The clay material will be the same color as your default front face material. However, this mode does not offer any further customization.

I have often thought it would be nice to have a ground plane option but since it only takes 5 seconds to create a ground plane in SketchUp, I have never bothered. (maybe someday)

Jeff Hammond
Indigo 100

Post by Jeff Hammond » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:08 am

ha.. never tried monochrome prior to exporting. I just assumed the materials would go along with it regardless of viewing mode..

re: ground plane.. yeah. it's easy to draw a square on the ground but sometimes I'd like the plane to extend to the horizon.. I always find myself drawing a huge square at Z=0 but I still have to use a higher than desired pov in order to not show the edges of the ground (which in turn eliminates the option for sky)

I'm not sure if indigo would have to render the infinite plane or not? I guess if it did, the feature would be useless :D

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:43 am

Hi Whaat! Something silly which you'll be able to implement in no time: in the render settings window, output panel, you should make the "image name" string grey until the "custom image name" check is validated: this way it would be clear how the command works.

Sorry for the request: I'm facing some students in these days, and that is good to see their responses to some not-too-explicit settings I'm actually used to.. :wink:

Antonis777

Post by Antonis777 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:23 am

Single surface subsurface scattering materials (s5)...! Along with sss more user friendly. (That's only because I don't understand the glossy transperant feature)!

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:39 am

Antonis777 wrote:Single surface subsurface scattering materials (s5)...! Along with sss more user friendly. (That's only because I don't understand the glossy transperant feature)!
Single surface SSS (Diffuse Transmitter type) is created by having a Diffuse or Phong material with SketchUp opacity less than 100.

The material will be exported as a Blend between the orginal material (Diffuse or Phong) and a diffuse transmitter material using the opacity value as the blend factor.

For example, if you create a Diffuse material with opacity set to 25%, you will get a Blend material that is 25% Diffuse and 75% Diffuse Transmitter

This is explained in the SkIndigo tutorials:
http://www.indigorenderer.com/sketchup

Tutorials are currently being updated BTW.

Antonis777

Post by Antonis777 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:22 am

Thanks a lot! It's clear to me now.

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:05 am

Hi Whaat!
I come out with this dream of mine: a few days ago I saw C4D integration with Indigo Renderer, and thought that would be WONDERFUL TO HAVE in SkIndigo too! ..maybe I am shooting a little too high (as we say in Italy :lol: ) ?

..I would also like to bump the mat test scene request: between the available mat test scenes, I think nobody uses cube or sphere or monkey anymore! I'd very like to have a testscene in METERS so the real bump/displacement value is applied to the previewed material too..
..and some time ago dcm posted very good mat test scenes which I'd very like to see included as optional test scenes in SKIndigo 8)

Tell me if I can help in any way!

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:58 am

Pibuz wrote:Hi Whaat!
I come out with this dream of mine: a few days ago I saw C4D integration with Indigo Renderer, and thought that would be WONDERFUL TO HAVE in SkIndigo too! ..maybe I am shooting a little too high (as we say in Italy :lol: ) ?
It is a dream of mine too but I currently don't have the knowledge to do this. As you can imagine, this would take a LOT of development time, and I would rather spend this time working on features such as ....
..I would also like to bump the mat test scene request: between the available mat test scenes, I think nobody uses cube or sphere or monkey anymore! I'd very like to have a testscene in METERS so the real bump/displacement value is applied to the previewed material too..
..and some time ago dcm posted very good mat test scenes which I'd very like to see included as optional test scenes in SKIndigo 8)
You'll be pleased to know that reworking of material previews is number one on my priority list for the next version of SkIndigo. First up...preview scene in METERS.

Thanks

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:36 am

:lol:

sorry for bumping it A LOT!

gjengi

Post by gjengi » Mon May 14, 2012 12:39 am

Hi Whaat,

Is there any chance the 'Apply Settings to Scene' button could come back?

I noticed in this thread - http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 17&t=10871 - that it was temporarily removed due to bugs.

It was a really handy button, especially when you have a large model with multiple scenes, inside and outside - I'm missing it from v2!

Thanks,

Jen
Architect in training...
...almost done!

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Tue May 15, 2012 2:40 am

gjengi wrote:Hi Whaat,

I noticed in this thread - http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 17&t=10871 - that it was temporarily removed due to bugs.

It was a really handy button, especially when you have a large model with multiple scenes, inside and outside - I'm missing it from v2!

Thanks,

Jen
Hi Jen,

Sorry but it's not likely likely that it will be back. While it was very handy, it also could be confusing, especially for new users. I was having a lot of headaches with it. Weird bugs and issues.

gjengi

Post by gjengi » Tue May 15, 2012 11:36 pm

Whaat wrote:
gjengi wrote:Hi Whaat,

Thanks,

Jen
Hi Jen,

Sorry but it's not likely likely that it will be back. While it was very handy, it also could be confusing, especially for new users. I was having a lot of headaches with it. Weird bugs and issues.
No worries Whaat, thought I'd just check, I can understand if it causes more problems than it solves! :-) Thanks
Architect in training...
...almost done!

219 posts