Wishlist

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
Bosseye

Re: Wishlist

Post by Bosseye » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:11 am

Actually heres another little query - you can probably do this already somehow, but hey ho:

Is there a way to retain the settings you have specified for a render when you save the igi file? Often I tweak light layers or change the camera on a whim during rendering, but when I load up the igi to resume a render, everything reverts to the original image settings, meaning I have to write down everything I've tweaked prior to saving the igi so I can get back to the same image I had before when I resume a render.

Reinuvader

Post by Reinuvader » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:11 am

Not biggie, but it annoys me always when I install new Skindigo. I manually change preview scenes to get nice studio environment. Default scenes are a bit too uniformly lit, but I think it's better to see materials in dark environment with two light sources. This way I see shades and reflections better. There is also more contrast then.

Only thing to do is open preview_studio.igs in text editor and remove all from:
<!-- *** cube surrounding the scene (defined as mesh emitter too) *** to the end. Leave only last line: </scenedata>

Also I never use default material UI. I always use this second UI, because it has more control over material. But I have to admit Skinigo material editor is much nicer than Indigos own large window with only two scenes to choose.
Attachments
MaterialPreviews.jpg

Reinuvader

Post by Reinuvader » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:18 am

Oh, and I almost forgot. Is it possible to have option under Render Settings to change world scale. Sometimes its easier to model in bigger or smaller proportions than result should be. For example I'd like to render some basic architectural volumes as maquettes (nice blurry DOF), but it's easier to model as real sized buildings.

Right now I have to scale whole scene down with tape tool and position my cameras again and get into every component and scale them one by one.
Attachments
MaquetteDOF.jpg

Latetzki

Post by Latetzki » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:47 am

I've got little bug report to make, hopefully this is the right place for it.

There's some problem with my Windows username and SKindigo plugin or Indigo itself. Indigo didn't create folder to AppData\Roaming folder which caused that I can't render any scene or open Render Settings panel. Everything worked fine when I was logged in as Admin but that's not the account I use so this is a little problem for me. If this helps anyway, my account name had letters Ä and Ö.

buzzkill

Post by buzzkill » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:52 pm

Whaat wrote:Post 'em here. All items will be considered. However, I won't put it on my TODO list until another user gives it a '+1' :) (seriously)
Your requests are VERY important! SkIndigo development is directly and immediately affected by YOUR feedback. Please help make SkIndigo the best and easiest to use rendering plugin!

I would love to be able to mute the background (alpha) and only get the image itself. Everything that I usually need to render is just single objects...not whole scenes. What I am having to do right now is render my image, save it, then open it up in photoshop and use fuzzy select and delete the background to alpha. This works ok in some instances. Where it doesn't work well is where I have an area on the object that is glossy, has reflections, or is gray/light gray in color on the edges...you see where I am going with this...the fuzzy select selects those gray parts on my model. If that happens, then I need to go in and lasso the whole thing. Very annoying. I saw the alpha render and got excited...but it didn't really do what I thought it was going to do, haha. Is there any way to ONLY render the object and NONE of the background? That would be amazing.

galinette
1st Place Winner

Post by galinette » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi,

In all my scenes I use two features that are currently unsupported by skindigo, and requires me to make changes to the igs code directly via notepad (quite boring...)
- Linear tonemapping
- Custom illuminants for envmaps. Skindigo uses hard-coded 5000K blackbodies for this. I need to set manually the temperature, and most of the time I even use a tabulated spectrum as base emitter. If this is too much work implementing this, it should be at least possible to set an external igm as environment material, that I set up using notepad once for all.

I'm thinking to switch to another modeller/exporter mostly for these two reasons

Etienne
Eclat-Digital Research
http://www.eclat-digital.com

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Heres one I thought of, suspect this is more of a sketchup thing though rather than a skindigo one - I've been fiddling around with environmnent maps for a while, it would be so much easier if there was some manner of preview of the map, a low res version aligned with your camera view that rotates when you set your rotation value - essentially so that you can see which bit of the map you're looking at rather than having to set the degrees and guess.

I mean it works at the moment, but I find it a little trial and error to get the right bit of the map facing the camera, and for larger scenes which take a while to export and start rendering its time consuming to have to export and render to check if your map is orientated correctly, then go through the process again once rotated to check - and so on until correct.

Reinuvader

Post by Reinuvader » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:31 am

Bosseye wrote:Heres one I thought of, suspect this is more of a sketchup thing though rather than a skindigo one - I've been fiddling around with environmnent maps for a while, it would be so much easier if there was some manner of preview of the map, a low res version aligned with your camera view that rotates when you set your rotation value - essentially so that you can see which bit of the map you're looking at rather than having to set the degrees and guess.

I mean it works at the moment, but I find it a little trial and error to get the right bit of the map facing the camera, and for larger scenes which take a while to export and start rendering its time consuming to have to export and render to check if your map is orientated correctly, then go through the process again once rotated to check - and so on until correct.

+1

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:59 am

Bosseye wrote:Heres one I thought of, suspect this is more of a sketchup thing though rather than a skindigo one - I've been fiddling around with environmnent maps for a while, it would be so much easier if there was some manner of preview of the map, a low res version aligned with your camera view that rotates when you set your rotation value - essentially so that you can see which bit of the map you're looking at rather than having to set the degrees and guess.

+1 :wink:

I've had to print off images of my environment maps and mark a vertical line down them where 0 degrees falls based on a default axis view, and then noted on 90 degrees, 180 degrees etc. In this way i can at least roughly guess which bit of the map my camera is pointing at.

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Thu May 05, 2011 10:45 pm

....PNG transparency support? 8)

munkey

Post by munkey » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:15 pm

Latetzki wrote:I've got little bug report to make, hopefully this is the right place for it.

There's some problem with my Windows username and SKindigo plugin or Indigo itself. Indigo didn't create folder to AppData\Roaming folder which caused that I can't render any scene or open Render Settings panel. Everything worked fine when I was logged in as Admin but that's not the account I use so this is a little problem for me. If this helps anyway, my account name had letters Ä and Ö.
Hello Latetzki,

I had the exactly same problem, my Windows username contained "ť". If you change your username it doesn't help, because the original username remains in Windows registers. So the only way is to reinstall Windows with new username or create a new account.
Since then I changed my laptop, and now I'm more careful at creating new usernames, especially in Windows.
SketchUp 8 / Windows 7 x64 / Indigo 3.0.14 / i7 CPU Q720 @ 1.60 GHz / 4.00 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M

buzzkill

Post by buzzkill » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:00 am

Pibuz wrote:....PNG transparency support? 8)
yes please!

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:50 pm

Indigo now does!

buzzkill

Post by buzzkill » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:10 am

Pibuz wrote:Indigo now does!
How about RT?