Wishlist

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
Whaat
Developer

Re: Wishlist

Post by Whaat » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:53 am

Pibuz wrote:I'd be glad if I could help.
Maybe I could spend some time making up some scenes, then I could post them for you to choose the best one!
That would be awesome! I hope you can make some time for this. :)

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:01 am

I will be needing a range of good preview scenes for the upcoming Indigo standalone mat editor as well.

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:05 pm

I just realized one tiny thing that is missing: when you put the mouse cursor over any of the parameters of the mat editor, usually a message appears, providing a little information about the parameter. the voice "blend" lacks this short description.

I always forget if 0 is total matA or matB. DAMN. :lol: Could be useful to have the note to remind. :wink:

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:34 am

Pibuz wrote:I just realized one tiny thing that is missing: when you put the mouse cursor over any of the parameters of the mat editor, usually a message appears, providing a little information about the parameter. the voice "blend" lacks this short description.

I always forget if 0 is total matA or matB. DAMN. :lol: Could be useful to have the note to remind. :wink:
Oh man! Not another difficult request! :wink: :lol:

The next release is coming along very nice. I am quite excited about it as I have incorporated many of the wishes here along with some other surprises :wink: I hope to have it out within two weeks.

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:23 am

That is great news! Wonderful!
I'm always excited when you sound satisfied 8)

Pibuz's waiting!

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:09 am

Maybe revise the "go back" button. Right now, its a little ambiguous due to the fact that it looks like an arrow pointing at the material drop down. :wink:

I really liked blenders icons for the different preview scenes.. Maybe use something similar for skindigo?

I don't know.. I feel like the texturing workflow (bump, albedo, etc.) could be streamlined somehow.. I can't put my finger on how.. Maybe replace the "A, B, and C" with some more descriptive labels. For the UV sets, there don't really seem to be enough of them to warrant having a drop down for them. Maybe just use a short row of buttons to select them. Instead of displaying a red x when you have no texture selected, it would be nice to have something like a "default none" texture or something. Again, it would be nice to be able click and drag in each of the A, B, and C values to be able to increase them (the further you drag, the faster it would increase).. Maybe replace the "....." load texture button with something more clear, like a folder icon or something.. Maybe even use icons fort all the different kinds of maps..

If it's possible, it would also be great to have some sort of a mouse over highlight.. Also, the tool tips for the oft mentioned a, b, and c values could be a little more artist friendly imo. :)

archigrafix

Post by archigrafix » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:55 pm

I am surprised nobody second me about HDR+SUN environement..?
For outside scene it would be great no?

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:08 am

+1 Archigraphix!
That's true!!!

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:45 am

archigrafix wrote:I am surprised nobody second me about HDR+SUN environement..?
That's not something Whaat can do. It has to be implemented inside Indigo first.

Jambert
Indigo 100

Post by Jambert » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:23 am

would be realy nice

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:29 am

suvakas wrote:
That's not something Whaat can do. It has to be implemented inside Indigo first.
Yeah...sorry archigrafix. I was meaning to respond to this but I forgot. It can't be done at the moment.

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:30 pm

Yet another idea!
Would be VERY cool if you could implement/enhance the output resolution options.

I'll try to make my idea a bit clearer.

At the moment we can set the resolution ti fit our screen resolution, and that's ok. Then, we can adjust separately the height and the length of the frame.
First thing: when we adjust those values, the difference in pixel is subdivided equally in the left/right or upper/lower parts. It would be very cool if we could manually drag the actual rendering area around the SU screen, somehow.
Second thing: when I try to adjust my image shrinking it vertically (making the output image length shorter) it all is ok (excepted the fact that i can only render the CENTRAL part - see "first thing" :wink:); but when I try to reduce the output height my camera zoom changes. Would be better if the reduction of height actually resulted in a horizontal crop of the original SU screen (as it happens for the vertical case)

Whaat: does it sound difficult enough for you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:49 am

Pibuz wrote:Yet another idea!
Would be VERY cool if you could implement/enhance the output resolution options.

I'll try to make my idea a bit clearer.

At the moment we can set the resolution ti fit our screen resolution, and that's ok. Then, we can adjust separately the height and the length of the frame.
First thing: when we adjust those values, the difference in pixel is subdivided equally in the left/right or upper/lower parts. It would be very cool if we could manually drag the actual rendering area around the SU screen, somehow.
Second thing: when I try to adjust my image shrinking it vertically (making the output image length shorter) it all is ok (excepted the fact that i can only render the CENTRAL part - see "first thing" :wink:); but when I try to reduce the output height my camera zoom changes. Would be better if the reduction of height actually resulted in a horizontal crop of the original SU screen (as it happens for the vertical case)

Whaat: does it sound difficult enough for you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi Pibuz,

I am not sure if what you are suggesting is even possible. But thanks anyway for the request!

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:51 am

Oh! :lol: :lol: :lol:
TOO DIFFICULT, this time!

BTW, I think that the "second thing" is feaseable: I absolutely don't know how, but I think that with a little effort you wil make it real :wink:

The drag-the-rendering-area thing is a little harder, I know.. At the moment my workaround is region rendering :wink:, it'd be cool though..
Thank you for your answer!

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:00 pm

I think I understand what Pibuz is saying. Currently, the only way to crop your image is to manually change the resolution numerically. You don't really have precision control over what portion of your view you want to render. From what I can tell, pibuz is basically asking to be able to select your render region with a box selection tool (similar to where you can take screen caps of rectangular regions with screen capture apps.)

I would also like to be able to change the resolution without chanving the render region (if I wanted to render a certain part of my scene, but also want a smaller render so it renders faster.)

219 posts