Wishlist

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
neo0.

Re: Wishlist

Post by neo0. » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:47 pm

A progress bar would be neat..

Would it be possible to make skindigo remember your render resolution..? Every time I render, I set t he res to the same thing and it just seems like something that should be automated..

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:44 am

neo0. wrote:A progress bar would be neat..

Would it be possible to make skindigo remember your render resolution..? Every time I render, I set t he res to the same thing and it just seems like something that should be automated..
I will try to add a progress bar at some point. It is more work than you would think. You can save your default render resolution by pressing the 'save defaults' button in your render settings dialog.

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:45 pm

I was thinking about some improvement concerning the visual recognization of instanced groups and components. At the moment you have to KNOW that you instanced a group/compo around, 'cos groups with instancing enabled aren't in any way different from groups with no instancing activated. And some tool to report the status of the instanced elements would be cool too, some pop-up window or something..
Just another idea, Whaat..

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:13 am

Pibuz wrote:I was thinking about some improvement concerning the visual recognization of instanced groups and components. At the moment you have to KNOW that you instanced a group/compo around, 'cos groups with instancing enabled aren't in any way different from groups with no instancing activated. And some tool to report the status of the instanced elements would be cool too, some pop-up window or something..
Just another idea, Whaat..
In the future, everything will be an instance so you won't have to worry about it. :)

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:54 am

YOU MEAN THAT IDENTICAL GROUPS AND COMPONENTS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY EXPORTED AS INSTANCES?
THAT IS GREAT!
This way you simplify lots of thing, indeed. Thank you Whaat!

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:17 pm

...I was recently using the select toys downloaded from the SUforums, and I must say that the window style of the plugin is really cool. I was wondering if could be possible to enhance the visual appeal of SkIndigo, and maybe allow in the future an easy configuration of some customized SkIndigo GUIs, or a choice between several presets.

Something purely visual, this time :lol:

ieatfish

Post by ieatfish » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:52 am

I haven't read through all the suggestions so if this has been brought up before, feel free to shame me publicly.

Is there any way to integrate the online Material Library into Skindigo? By that, I mean a button perhaps under the Assign Preset button called Assign Material From Library or something similar. It would bring up a box where you can browse the Material Library without having to go online, find the file, download it, and then navigate to it from within Skindigo?

It could even been in the same window. For example, Assign Preset would become Assign Material and in the pop up window there would be three tabs: Presets, Local Materials, and Indigo Material Library. Once you download one off the library, it would show up in Local Materials (as would any materials you make on your own and save).

Now, I don't code at all and have no knowledge of the inner workings of skindigo but if this were possible, it would be great!
Intel Core-i7 @ 4.0 GHz | GTX 580 | 12 GB RAM

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:49 am

ieatfish wrote:I haven't read through all the suggestions so if this has been brought up before, feel free to shame me publicly.

Is there any way to integrate the online Material Library into Skindigo? By that, I mean a button perhaps under the Assign Preset button called Assign Material From Library or something similar. It would bring up a box where you can browse the Material Library without having to go online, find the file, download it, and then navigate to it from within Skindigo?

It could even been in the same window. For example, Assign Preset would become Assign Material and in the pop up window there would be three tabs: Presets, Local Materials, and Indigo Material Library. Once you download one off the library, it would show up in Local Materials (as would any materials you make on your own and save).

Now, I don't code at all and have no knowledge of the inner workings of skindigo but if this were possible, it would be great!
Hi,

I suggest updating your SkIndigo version. The latest version (2.2.12) is more integrated with the online database. http://www.indigorenderer.com/new%20in% ... go%202.2.X
There is more work to be done though. In future versions, you will be able to automatically download a material and it will load directly into your scene.

ieatfish

Post by ieatfish » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:16 am

Whaat wrote: Hi,

I suggest updating your SkIndigo version. The latest version (2.2.12) is more integrated with the online database. http://www.indigorenderer.com/new%20in% ... go%202.2.X
There is more work to be done though. In future versions, you will be able to automatically download a material and it will load directly into your scene.
:shock: I totally missed that. :lol: Thanks for the great work. I've tried some of the other exporters (blendigo and maxigo) and skindigo is my favorite so far.

fenerolina

Post by fenerolina » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:44 am

Hi Whaat!
Don't know if it has been asked yet but would it be possible to randomly change the colour of instanced groups. Little colour variations would be great for vegetal purposes for instance.
Thank you!!

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:49 am

fenerolina wrote:Hi Whaat!
Don't know if it has been asked yet but would it be possible to randomly change the colour of instanced groups. Little colour variations would be great for vegetal purposes for instance.
Thank you!!
It is possible but I am not sure how the UI would work. Any ideas?

ieatfish

Post by ieatfish » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 am

Whaat wrote: It is possible but I am not sure how the UI would work. Any ideas?
Check box for Color Variation. Slider next it called Variation from Applied Color. So you set the color in sketchup and then the slider tells it how much in either direction to change it. Would it be hue, saturation, etc.? I don't know.

fenerolina

Post by fenerolina » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:12 am

Hi Whaat,
I've sent you a pm with an idea of the ui.
I didn't post it here because I draw it in skUp and I write it in french...
If a french skindigo user wants to see it, let me know. :)

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:58 pm

Hi fenerolina! Your help is much appreciated!
Maybe you can post an image exported from SU, so we all can see your concept!

fenerolina

Post by fenerolina » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:54 am

Hello Pibuz!
Pibuz wrote:you can post an image exported from SU
I thought about it but I think it wouldn't be clear at all. So I've sent you the file. Let me know what do you think about it..

219 posts