Skindigo Animation Batch File Issues

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
drkick16
Indigo 100

Skindigo Animation Batch File Issues

Post by drkick16 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:10 am

Hi,
I am somewhat new to Indigo Renderer and currently testing Indigo 2.0.10 64-bit Windows Vista version and Skindigo 2.0.10 exporter for SketchUp 7 for Windows Vista. I am interested in purchasing Indigo but currently using the demo version to evaluate. I am able to correctly render scenes using the plugin and have no problem producing stills but now am trying to test Skindigo animation. After reading the manual and how to's on skindigo animation I have correctly created a *.bat file for executing the rendering using the indigo_console. I've noticed the console windows flashes past quickly as each scene is rendered but never have an rendered image in the render folder. I looked at the *.bat file and copied one line out of it and ran it in a cmd window to see what the message says (see attached image).
skindigo_animation_cmd_072209.png
skindigo_animation_cmd_072209.png (19.03 KiB) Viewed 6876 times
Does anyone know what this message means? I would appreciate any assistance.

I've tried different SketchUp files to make sure it's not my project files that have the problem but opening up a new file adding an emitter and creating a *.bat file has produced the same problem.

Thanks
Drkick16

Whaat
Developer

Re: Skindigo Animation Batch File Issues

Post by Whaat » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:09 pm

hi drkick,

welcome to indigo! are you using instancing in your animation? Animation is one of the least tested features in SkIndigo so there could still be bugs lurking. Is it possible for you to share the SKP file for me to check? (zip it first)

remus
Indigo 100

Post by remus » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Not sure if it's the same problem, but animation fails for me if theres something in the scene with no material applied.

drkick16
Indigo 100

Post by drkick16 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:11 am

Thanks Whaat for your reply. I was just about to send my SKP to you and saw Remus' reply. Yes it was default faces in SketchUp that didn't have any material applied. That seems to set it loose on producing the animated stills.

Drkick16

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:38 am

drkick16 wrote:Thanks Whaat for your reply. I was just about to send my SKP to you and saw Remus' reply. Yes it was default faces in SketchUp that didn't have any material applied. That seems to set it loose on producing the animated stills.

Drkick16
Thanks guys. I have figured out how to fix the bug. It will be fixed in the next release.

Faust07

Post by Faust07 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Hi,
Have a problem regarding batch rendering of animations (SketchUp Make 2016/2017, indigoRT_x64_4.0.47, SkIndigo 3.8.37, Windows 7 & 10):
MSPhysics has an own export function for animations to Indigo batch files.
You can export MSPhysics "Replay" data of an animation to .igq- and .igs-files after doing the SkIndigo Render Settings (Halt etc.).
The problem is, that the batch rendering process saves the single frames not completely rendered, but in the state of the last image update.
This could be minutes before the desired SPP or render time per frame.
An example: Halt time 200 sec., render time 200 sec., saved frame in the quality after 112 sec. - 88 sec. wasted.
On large animations this could be a big time waste and lead to a lower quality of the film.
This happens only with batch rendering, not with normal rendering of a single image directly from SkIndigo.
Thanks for your help in advance.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1