SkIndigo 2.0.10

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
dominike

Re: SkIndigo 2.0.10

Post by dominike » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:16 am

Thank you cpfresh

I did as you advise. the materials when uploaded from the site are automatically saved as zip files. I used the material editor and type- link IGM. Once I click on the material and press open, my uploaded material box dissapeared, I assumed it uploaded the selected materials to the system. when I looked for this materials in the material editor, I could not find them, but could find existant materials from preview button.

I render the scene agan and the ERROR message is from not able to export or open textures.

I don't know how, or where to find these textures or even how to make it work.

Whithin te system when we render from sketchup, does indigo materials replace automatically sketchup materials when rendering or we need to apply them?
Thanks

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:37 am

dominike wrote:Thank you cpfresh

I did as you advise. the materials when uploaded from the site are automatically saved as zip files. I used the material editor and type- link IGM. Once I click on the material and press open, my uploaded material box dissapeared, I assumed it uploaded the selected materials to the system. when I looked for this materials in the material editor, I could not find them, but could find existant materials from preview button.

I render the scene agan and the ERROR message is from not able to export or open textures.

I don't know how, or where to find these textures or even how to make it work.

Whithin te system when we render from sketchup, does indigo materials replace automatically sketchup materials when rendering or we need to apply them?
Thanks
Hi,

There is a bug in the material database that it saves materials with ZIP extension instead of PIGM for some browsers. After downloading from the material database, change the extension of the filename from .zip to .pigm. Then try creating the linked IGM material again.

Is it possible for you to upload your SketchUp file to this site (in ZIP format) so I can take a look? I want to figure out why you are getting these error messages in Indigo. Thanks!

dominike

Post by dominike » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:34 am

Having connection problems through the site.

I tried to change the extension of the filename from .zip to .pigm , but i haven got given the pigm option. any tips how to get there?

dominike

Post by dominike » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:10 am

I tried to change the extension of the filename from .zip to .pigm , but i haven got given the pigm option. any tips how to get there?

help please

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:12 am

you cant change the extension of your downloaded file? what OS are you running?

dominike

Post by dominike » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:13 am

There is a bug in the material database that it saves materials with ZIP extension instead of PIGM for some browsers. After downloading from the material database, change the extension of the filename from .zip to .pigm. Then try creating the linked IGM material again.

Is it possible for you to upload your SketchUp file to this site (in ZIP format) so I can take a look? I want to figure out why you are getting these error messages in Indigo. Thanks![/quote]

hi
I tried to change the extention fie format ZIP to PIGM, but I haven't given an option for it.

Help please.

dominike

Post by dominike » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:44 am

cpfresh wrote:you cant change the extension of your downloaded file? what OS are you running?
windows xp and vista

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:05 pm

dominike,

please provide some more information and/or some screenshots. it is difficult to understand what your problem is.

dominike

Post by dominike » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:30 am

Whaat wrote:dominike,

please provide some more information and/or some screenshots. it is difficult to understand what your problem is.
Thank you, it seems to work fine now.

How can I apply materials to my sketchup model. (any tutorials?)

When I downloaded the materials from the site, how can I make them available to the data permanently and added to the PRESENT materials?

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:17 am

dominike wrote:
Whaat wrote:dominike,

Thank you, it seems to work fine now.

How can I apply materials to my sketchup model. (any tutorials?)

When I downloaded the materials from the site, how can I make them available to the data permanently and added to the PRESENT materials?
Hi,

As a new user, I recommend that you go through the Getting Started tutorial. Go to the first post of this topic to download it. Hopefully this will answer most of your questions. If you still have questions after going through the tutorials, let me know.

dominike

Post by dominike » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:11 am

Hi, it states that the resolution on the free mode is limited to 0.7 pixels.

Does it means that with any of your other 2 licences, the quality of rendering is better? if so, how many pixels?

Will it be faster to have a clear render scene?

26 posts