SkIndigo 1.1.16

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:57 pm

Hi Pibuz, what Indigo version is that with? Try 1.1.18.

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:57 pm

Pibuz,

are you using indigo 1.1.16? if yes try using indigo 1.1.18 (i should be compatible to skindigo 1.1.16 afaik), the foreground alpha thing was improved in this version.
1.1.18 changelog wrote:* Sped up and improved render_foreground_alpha mode a bit.

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:40 pm

Ok guys thanks!
Didn't know that SkIndigo 1.1.16 was compatible with Indigo 1.1.18

Gonna try! Thanks!

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Re: SkIndigo 1.1.16

Post by Pibuz » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:27 pm

Hi guys!
Back here only to report that alpha render in Indigo 1.1.18 (exported with SkIndigo 1.1.16) works like a charm. No errors or anything. Thank you guys!

archigrafix

Post by archigrafix » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:58 am

Some suggestions:
1-
I often get problems with the path of external textures.
I mean I often change from one computer to another and Indigo doesn't appreciate...
Also when you come back to an old project, external textures can be lacking. the "pigs" format is interesting but the texture path is not changed in the contained igs file...so its the same problem. The greatest way to solve that boring problem is to get a solution "à la sketchup" completely internal texture. If its impossible theres also the "à la 3dmax" one: you can indicate a path to find the textures.
I hope you can help, cause it would greatly improve the usage of the soft.
2-
Possibility to get the sunlight on a layer and the environnement (HDRI) in another one. For the moment I have to choose beetween sun and HDRI...

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:30 am

I completely agree with Archigraphix about both of his topics.

Perhaps it's not the right place to post this, though..
Maybe in the bug/requests topic..

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:39 pm

archigrafix wrote:Some suggestions:
1-
I often get problems with the path of external textures.
I mean I often change from one computer to another and Indigo doesn't appreciate...
Also when you come back to an old project, external textures can be lacking. the "pigs" format is interesting but the texture path is not changed in the contained igs file...so its the same problem. The greatest way to solve that boring problem is to get a solution "à la sketchup" completely internal texture. If its impossible theres also the "à la 3dmax" one: you can indicate a path to find the textures.
I hope you can help, cause it would greatly improve the usage of the soft.
2-
Possibility to get the sunlight on a layer and the environnement (HDRI) in another one. For the moment I have to choose beetween sun and HDRI...
Hi Archigrafix,
Paths to textures in Indigo scene files can either be relative paths or absolute paths. I'm not sure which type Skindigo writes. But in the case of relative paths, as long as you keep the same relative location between the textures and the.igs file, it should work when you move locations.

Some mix of environment map and sun/sky is a good idea (with the different components on different layers), I'll look into that.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:50 am

OnoSendai wrote:Some mix of environment map and sun/sky is a good idea (with the different components on different layers), I'll look into that.
yes, this would be awesome!!!!
polygonmanufaktur.de

archigrafix

Post by archigrafix » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:30 am

ONO I am not sure understanding well about: relative versus absolute path for textures?
Perhaps you may add some precision?
thanx

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:59 am

@archigrafix:

Absolute paths always start with the drive letter (full address).

Relative paths use an arbitrary folder as root folder containing subsequent objects, files or folders. Folders containing the root folder are simply out of focus, only the root folder's childs are visible to Indigo.exe.

Example (windows):

I have a scene wich absolute path is

Code: Select all

c:\program files\indigo_v1.1.18\scene.igs
Scene wich holds a material using a texture in a subfolder. The absolute path for the texture would be

c:\program files\indigo_v1.1.18\textures\map.png
its path, relative to the scene file would be

textures\map.png
If indigo is given a scene it can deduce and use relative paths for it.
obsolete asset

archigrafix

Post by archigrafix » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:45 am

thanx for explanation CTZ...
But question: If I indicate a path texture (relative or absolute) to indigo, then moved from one computer to another with my files on a USB Key...Hum I see relative path can be the solution cause the USB key is not always the same letter. But If I configured in absolute path can I place all the textures in the root folder of the IGS file to force Indigo to find the missing files?

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:49 am

If you move to another PC it all messes up, that's the same problem I have.

I've brought this to Whaat's attention, and he says he's working about the re-introduction of internal maps.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:19 am

Pibuz wrote:If you move to another PC it all messes up, that's the same problem I have.

I've brought this to Whaat's attention, and he says he's working about the re-introduction of internal maps.
Hi guys,
Chances are that internal maps will not be coming back. Sorry! However, there are other ways to improve the portability that I will look into. Also, if I can find a way to bring back internal maps that I am happy with...who knows? :)

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:41 am

The best immediate solution for portability is to open Indigo, Tools menu then Pack Indigo scene. It will bring all material (textures, external meshes etc) at the same level than the IGS and modify the paths within accordingly.

All you have to do then is to unpack anywhere (PIGS and PIGM are zip files) and send the IGS to Indigo for rendering.
obsolete asset

archigrafix

Post by archigrafix » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:54 am

thanx for the indications CTZ... I knew about packing possibilities but not that it will redirect the paths in the corresponding IGS file

71 posts