Can't install Indigo / won't work

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
kb1

Can't install Indigo / won't work

Post by kb1 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:01 pm

I have attempted numerous times to install the program & Sketchup exporter, but no matter what i do (incl. reading the instructions) there is no effect in Sketchup - it simply does not appear.

One idea is that I don't get any actual 'install' buttons, like other downloads seem to have (download, then install). Or perhaps it only works with Sketchup Pro?

Please help - I'm looking for a renderer, and from your gallery, this seems pretty good.

My info:
Vista
Sketchup 7 free version

Thanks!!

kellpossible

Post by kellpossible » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:20 pm

it works fine on the free version, all you have to do is unzip the ruby and it's corisponding folder to the sketchup plugins folder and it should work. You can tell whether you installed it correctly when, the first time you start it up, it asks you to locate where indigo.exe is. if you have done this then have you checked the view/toolbars menu? otherwise, i'm not sure what else to say

kb1

Post by kb1 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:11 am

Thanks for responding. I've unzipped it about 4 times to the plugins folder, but in Sketchup there is absolutely no sign of it anywhere, and I don't get any 'where is indigo' prompts.

When I started the computer today I had a dos type window asking about DRSpawner ... is that anything to do with this?

Do I need to do something with t he Ruby console 9never used it before)

Also, should there have been an actaul setup wizard, or just download and it's there?

Thanks!

kb1

Post by kb1 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:30 am

FIXED IT.

I had a trial copy of Vray, which was obviously blocking Indifo, because when I un-installed vray and re-installed Indigo - BAM! there's Indigo.

I'm excited to give it a try!

kellpossible

Post by kellpossible » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:02 pm

:D that's great kb1, and i'm relatively new to indigo, and am enjoying it greatly! As you will notice, the community here is really active, and that just adds to the experience of using indigo, because questions are answered and problems are fixed pretty quickly! I hope you get the chance to try out some of the tutorials, just make sure you're using the right version of indigo for the tutorial and u'll be right.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1