Skindigo animation: 'how to' explained.

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
jason6256347

Re: Skindigo animation: 'how to' explained.

Post by jason6256347 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:28 am

sorry,How can I slove this problem? "Error: SceneLoaderExcep: could not find root 'scene' element"
thx :D

ashscott

Post by ashscott » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:46 pm

Please help; save the file as 'batch.exe' the box then pops up saying 'animation exported successfully'
I then get an exe file, and a folder full of .igs files, I cant open any igs files with the indigo console and when I open the batch.exe I get the following message: NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. CS:07c7 IP:0000 OP:da e8 39 10 8b Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Someone please help.

Also, I noticed you guys were talking earlier about the inability to animate objects in SU; not so; morisdov has created a simple and useful plugin for doing exactly that.

Download it here:http://morisdov.googlepages.com/

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:18 am

ashscott wrote:Please help; save the file as 'batch.exe' the box then pops up saying 'animation exported successfully'
I then get an exe file, and a folder full of .igs files, I cant open any igs files with the indigo console and when I open the batch.exe I get the following message: NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. CS:07c7 IP:0000 OP:da e8 39 10 8b Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Someone please help.

Also, I noticed you guys were talking earlier about the inability to animate objects in SU; not so; morisdov has created a simple and useful plugin for doing exactly that.

Download it here:http://morisdov.googlepages.com/
Hi ashcott,

I'm not sure what the problem is. I might have to look at your SKP file to figure it out. Can you please post it?

Can you try opening up one of the IGS files using the Indigo GUI just to see if they work properly? If not, tell me what error message you get.

ashscott

Post by ashscott » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:23 am

OK, so I have render time set to 60 seconds, and when I drop an igs on the indigo console, it renders for 60 seconds then stops, is this how the function is supposed to work? It seemed from Kwisten's explanation that it all occurred automatically.

Thanks Whaat

ashscott

Post by ashscott » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:52 am

Ok, wow, perhaps there was something in the image with no material applied, I tried everything mentioned on this thread before and it wouldn't work but with a re-application of materials it seems to be going fine....I'm just guessing, I may have changed something else.

This is a cool function, thanks all. :D

ashscott

Post by ashscott » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:59 pm

Hmmmm, If my calcs are correct, with 20fps, 36 seconds of animation and 10 mins per render (+3 seconds render setup time) this current walkthrough wont be finished till this time next week :shock: .....Time to read up on render farms

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:46 pm

I was impressed with how quick it is, but now I have 250 IGS file.. Which one do I click? I can't see any batch file in the folder I created...

cotty

Post by cotty » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:29 am

Here is a tested workflow with SkIndigo 3.4.12 for rendering every scene tab as a single render without smooth transitions:

- Set a halt condition (time or SPP) in the SkIndigo render settings advanced tab as the stop condition for every single render
- Set the Scene Transition time to 1 sec in the Model info window (Animation tab).
- Set Scene delay to 0 sec in the Model info window (Animation tab).
- Duplicate the last scene because there will be one render less than scene tabs! (n scenes = n-1 renders)
- Save the SketchUp file.
- Use Plugins -> SkIndigo -> Export Scene Tab Animation with framerate "1.05" and Smooth Transitions "on"
- Confirm the filename
- An "igq"-File (Indigo Queue) and a folder with needed files will be saved.
- The igq-file can be opened with Indigo to start the rendering (double click will do).

(There is no need for any batch-file or similar anymore as mentioned in older posts)
Last edited by cotty on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
little gallery... http://unverzagt.biz/cottysgallery/

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:14 pm

Wow, that could be useful for sure!
Thanks cotty! Never done an animation with Indigo/SkIndigo..Have to test that, sooner or later.... :?

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:02 am

Thanks for much for posting that cotty.

Sharkyzero

Post by Sharkyzero » Fri May 10, 2013 5:56 am

Ok, so I followed the instructions line by line...then what? I don't see any video output or anything. Where did the animation go?
SketchUp user since March 2013

PushCreative

Post by PushCreative » Fri May 23, 2014 4:03 am

Hello,

I have looked up as much info as I can on using the "Export Scene Tab Animation" feature within Indigo and still can't seem to find a solution on how to actually use it.

When I follow the the steps outlined by Cotty on this topic I get a folder created with two things included:
-Filename-meshes.igs
-Folder with materials

An "igq" file is not created as outlined in his steps.

When I click the .igs file I get the following error:

"Scene parsing error: Invalid root element 'scene data'"

Has there been changes/improvements made to this feature at all that would make it not work with the steps provided by Cotty or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Thu May 29, 2014 7:14 am

PushCreative wrote:Has there been changes/improvements made to this feature at all that would make it not work with the steps provided by Cotty or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks
Hi PushCreative,

there seems to be an issue there. You aren't doing anything wrong, I'm having problems getting this to work as well.

I'm looking into this. I'll let you know here when there is an update that resolves this.

Cheers,
Yves

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Fri May 30, 2014 10:49 pm

Hi, I have posted an update which fixes scene tab animation: http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 17&t=13022

Faust07

Post by Faust07 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:17 am

Hi,
a question regarding batch rendering after export of MSPhysics Replay Data to SkIndigo (indigoRT_x64_4.0.47_Setup.exe): The batch rendering doesn't save the single frames completely rendered after the desired Halt (SPP or time) but at the point of the last image update during the render process per frame. This could be minutes before the desired SPP or render time per frame. Big time waste and low quality... When batch rendering, a save command appears to be missing at the end of the rendering process (SPP or time) per frame.
Thanks in advance.

61 posts