SkIndigo 1.0.8

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
kwistenbiebel

Post by kwistenbiebel » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:25 pm

Hi richard,
Are you using some old tutorial?

Actually installing indigo and Skindigo is mighty easy.
The "skindigo" folder and the "skindigo.rb " go in the plugins folder of Google sketchup.
The indigo folder itself can be anywhere you want it to be.

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:36 pm

Thanks mate

I'm using the latest tutorial which is SkIndigo_9 Getting Started?

The readme file in Skindigo 1.0.8 also says copy the previews folder to the Indigo directory.

When I try to launch the material editor I actually get 101 error dialogue boxes come up!

Any ideas?

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:45 pm

Actually mate I've worked it out I think I'm using indigo 1.0.9 - dummy! Sorry!

gautxori

previews

Post by gautxori » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:30 pm

@ Richard: you're right.

You can get version 0.9 here: http://www.indigorenderer.com/joomla/fo ... php?t=2823

that release includes also the preview folder.

you can then overwrite the v0.9 files with the files in the latest release.

I'd suggest Whaat to repack the files in latest version correctly: all the files from preview folder are in the SKIndigo folder, & there's been some change in the ruby script that's made the presets option disappear from menu.

Richard

Re: previews

Post by Richard » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:09 pm

gautxori wrote:@ Richard: you're right.

You can get version 0.9 here: http://www.indigorenderer.com/joomla/fo ... php?t=2823

I'd suggest Whaat to repack the files in latest version correctly: all the files from preview folder are in the SKIndigo folder, & there's been some change in the ruby script that's made the presets option disappear from menu.
Thanks mate I already had 1.0.9 installed but still no previews folder there either.

All I get if I lauch anything from the plugin is as in the case of the material editor 102 error dialogue (counted them all this time) boxes that need to be each closed individually.

I read in another thread that kwisten had reset IE and that worked but all it did for me was loose all my passwords and browser history - still have 102 error dialogue boxes to close now! grrr!

Whaat
Developer

Re: previews

Post by Whaat » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:50 am

Richard wrote:
gautxori wrote:@ Richard: you're right.

Thanks mate I already had 1.0.9 installed but still no previews folder there either.

All I get if I lauch anything from the plugin is as in the case of the material editor 102 error dialogue (counted them all this time) boxes that need to be each closed individually.

I read in another thread that kwisten had reset IE and that worked but all it did for me was loose all my passwords and browser history - still have 102 error dialogue boxes to close now! grrr!
Could be an installation problem.

Make sure you have 'SkIndigo.rb' and the 'SkIndigo' folder in your Plugins directory. There should be a bunch of html files in the SkIndigo folder (among other things)

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:20 am

Thanks Whaat

Yes mate I have the rb and the full SkIndigo folder there!

Upon first launch of SU it asks me to locate the Indigo.exe and that then creates a path to text file in the directory.

If I click any option under the Skindigo drop down menu IE launches and so do between 45 and 102 error dialogues suggesting there is a scripting error! Each dialogue numbered differently.

I'l try putting the Indigo 1.0.8 folder in there too and see if that makes any difference!

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:23 am

By the way mate should there be a Previews folder anywhere? I don't have one in either of the SkIndigo or Indigo folders???

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:29 am

There is no previews folder in the latest version (1.0.8) so don't worry about it. Without a screenshot it is hard to figure out the problem. Can you post a screenshot of the error messages and a screenshot of the contents of your SkIndigo folder?

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:47 am

The Skindigo folder contents. Note the "previews set - readme" reads as follows:

Previews set to use with SkIndigo.
Feel free to use/modify/share as you want.
------------------------------------------

1) Installation :
-----------------

Copy the previews folder to the Indigo directory

2) Options
----------

You have a few options you can change : lighting setup (studio or environment map), and indigo logo display.
See "previews set - options.txt".
Attachments
SkIndigo-Folder.jpg
SkIndigo-Folder.jpg (71.82 KiB) Viewed 3490 times

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:54 am

The error message - well the first one, there are a further 44 under "render settings", 102 under "material editor" do you need all of them?

No errors occur under the other options or context click options, excellent!
Attachments
error-message.jpg
error-message.jpg (36.16 KiB) Viewed 3488 times

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:23 am

WTF did you do???

Why is SkIndigo_1_0_8.rb in a folder called SkIndigo_1_0_8???

1) You should have SkIndigo_1_0_8.rb in your PLUGINS folder.
2) There is NO SkIndigo_1_0_8 folder!! The folder should be named 'SkIndigo'. That's it. I think the problem you are having is that SkIndigo is trying to find the support files in the 'SkIndigo' folder but for some reason, your folder is named 'SkIndigo_1_0_8'

There seems to have been a mistake when you unzipped the plugin or when you copied it into the Plugins folder.

I hope this solves your problem. Maybe it would be best to delete everything and start over...

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:46 am

Ahhhh!!!!!

I'll try that mate thanks! The zip was called SkIndigo_1_0_8, I just unzipped it and as one would expect it kept the same name! I didn't know I had to rename the Skindigo Folder before dropping it in the Plugins folder.

I left a copy of the ruby in the folder and just copied it accross to the plugins folder (one level up).

I'll see how I go this time!

Thanks again mate!

crojack

Post by crojack » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:51 am

you don't need to re-name anything or do anything other than open the zip, on the side of your XP window will be a choice that says "Extract all files" click that and direct it to your Plug-ins folder.
Attachments
skindigo.jpg
skindigo.jpg (24 KiB) Viewed 3472 times

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:32 pm

Mate that worked a treat, just renamed the folder in the plugins folder.

Could I suggest: Zip folder named SkIndigo_1_0_8.zip contains,

1. SkIndigo Folder
2. SkIndigo_1_0_8.rb
3. Readme.txt

Will save the confusion.

Hey by the way mate amazing work on the new plugin dialogue boxes!!! You have set a new standard there!!!! The tool tips are cool! And explain a lot!

62 posts