SkIndigo 1.0.1 Beta Available for Testing

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
kwistenbiebel

Post by kwistenbiebel » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:01 pm

Thanks whaat.

I uninstalled previous versions of Skindigo before getting the newest one.
[EDIT]: I attached the screenshot images.

Cheers,
Kwistenbiebel
Attachments
material-editor.jpg
material-editor.jpg (64.99 KiB) Viewed 4475 times
skindigo-folder.jpg
skindigo-folder.jpg (76.35 KiB) Viewed 4475 times
Last edited by kwistenbiebel on Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

crc

Post by crc » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:38 am

It looks like the unzip program did not create the sub-folders.
For example, I have a folder called "Dialogs" and the three indigologo .gifs when I first open the skindigo folder, and than further sub-folders in the dialogs folder.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:57 am

crc wrote:It looks like the unzip program did not create the sub-folders.
For example, I have a folder called "Dialogs" and the three indigologo .gifs when I first open the skindigo folder, and than further sub-folders in the dialogs folder.
umm..I think he is probably using the updated version that does not contain any sub-folders. I can't tell because I haven't seen the posted images yet! My damn office network blocks the Photobucket links! :roll:

Everyone, please upload your images. (for this and other reasons). I understand that if you are posting a render on multiple forums, it makes more sense to post a link, but definitely not in this case...

crc

Post by crc » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:04 am

oh, sorry. Didn't realize that there was a version without the subfolders. :oops:

kwistenbiebel

Post by kwistenbiebel » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:38 am

Hi Whaat,
Yes I am using the latest update of Skindigo.
I uploaded the screenshots instead of linking them from photobucket.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:51 am

kwistenbiebel,

OK, I think this might do it:
Open IE and go to Tools->Internet Options->Security

Your security level for the Internet Zone must be set at medium-high or lower for the dialogs to work.

The reason I didn't mention this sooner was because I swear I tested it with high security settings and it still worked. Guess I was wrong.
Attachments
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (107.69 KiB) Viewed 4434 times

kwistenbiebel

Post by kwistenbiebel » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:52 am

Hi Whaat,
I appreciate your efforts a lot.
Unfortunately it didn't solve it.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:21 am

kwistenbiebel wrote:Hi Whaat,
I appreciate your efforts a lot.
Unfortunately it didn't solve it.
I am shocked! I thought this would do it. I am really running out of ideas. It could be caused by Windows Defender. I ran tests with Windows Defender on my machine and there were no problems. Is it possible to completely disable Windows Denfender and then set your internet security settings to medium-high? Maybe Windows Defender is over-riding your internet security settings. Would you mind trying this out?

Also, make sure you restart SketchUp after you lower your internet security settings.

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:41 am

Why does it actually need any internet access?

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:04 am

Kram1032 wrote:Why does it actually need any internet access?
Internet access is not required. However, javascript must be enabled because the dialogs use an IE shell that relies on javascript for most of the functionality. The dialogs are all created with HTML that can interact with the SU API. The HTML files are local so the internet is not used at all.

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:32 am

I see...

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:50 pm

Whaat, I was able to break my skindigo by changing some advanced IE options . i found that once i disabled image loading under the multimedia settings then there was no images, no previews, no slider buttons ... but there was still the window with all the blanks and the drop downs and everything else working fine.

I even adjusted my IE security settings to see if i could REALLY break the plugin, but even with every zone put to the highest security level the plugin opened and loaded fine -- no visual problems what so ever...

so where does that leave the problem ... ? i dunno.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:31 pm

Thanks for the testing, cpfresh. It would be nice if other users also tried to 'break' SkIndigo. That would really help me iron out the bugs much quicker.

Kwistenbiebel,
I am still determined to figure this one out. Try this:
1) Open IE and go to Tools->Internet Options->Security
2) Make sure the 'Internet Zone' is highlighted
3) Click on 'Custom Level'
4) Scroll down until you see the control for 'Active Scripting'
5) Make sure active scripting is enabled
6) You may need Administrator privalages to change these settings so make sure you are logged in as an Administrator
7) After changing the settings, (make sure you apply the settings!) close IE and reopen. Re-check the security settings again to make sure that they actually were changed. There could be software on your system that prevents you from permanently changing these settings.
8) If this doesn't work, delete all other rendering apps from your system permanently and chant 'Indigo is King' 7 times while bathing in the sweat of 8 healthy men.

Cheers,

Whaat
Attachments
Security Settings.jpg
Security Settings.jpg (35.59 KiB) Viewed 4333 times

crc

Post by crc » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:33 am

Whaat wrote: 8) If this doesn't work, delete all other rendering apps from your system permanently and chant 'Indigo is King' 7 times while bathing in the sweat of 8 healthy men.

Cheers,

Whaat
I do that everytime I install a new version, isn't it in the manual? :shock:

On another note, the screenshot of the mat.editor (Kwisten's) is different, other than the way it looks. I know that there are problems with the sliders, etc. but I can't get all those options to come up, sliders or not, with either of the UI's.

This is what I get, for reference.
Attachments
mateditor01.jpg
mateditor01.jpg (24.69 KiB) Viewed 4280 times

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:46 am

Hey crc,

Certain attributes are only visible based on the type of material. Not all attributes are available for each material type. If you try each of the material types you should see all of the options shown on biebel's screenshot at least once.

Your screenshot looks like it should.

88 posts