SkIndigo 1.0.1 Beta Available for Testing

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:01 am

hey whaat, so far so good with this version of skindigo. i really like the preview and material editor, very nice! :D

using vista ultimate x64

crc

Post by crc » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:24 am

WinXP
Indigo_v0.0.10

This looks really great!! Only problem I see so far is I don't get an image in the box in the Mat. Editor dialog. Just a square with an x.
I copied the previews folder into the Indigo folder.
Also, it will preview the image if I click preview by launching Indigo.

I right-clicked to get properties and it says that it is "nopreview.png"
Address: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Google/Google%20Sketchup%

Also, how does the rotate for the Enviroment map work? Does it rotate around sketchups origin, or does it rotate the map around its center?

All of it really looks great, can't wait to find some time to play around with it.
Thanks!!!!

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:07 am

i didnt have any preview images at first either but as i created and edited a new material, then ran the preview function. the preview image was updated with the newly created image from indigo (after it completed a save of course.) so i think you wont find a preview image until you make one! :D

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:09 am

updated first post with previews explanation

VMD

Post by VMD » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:12 am

Only problem I see so far is I don't get an image in the box in the Mat. Editor dialog. Just a square with an x. I copied the previews folder into the Indigo folder. Also, it will preview the image if I click preview by launching Indigo.
Is it not updating the 'X - blank image' after you preview? What I did was run a preview for a few mins then switch to another material then back to get a nice refreshed preview of the mat. It saves this image even after closing and reopening Sketchup.

The only issue/bug I have ran into is DO NOT drag a preset 'preview' image into this 'x - blank image' it seems to break the web interface and get stuck in some nasty loop. I do not know if this is preventable in future versions?

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:15 am

crc wrote:Also, how does the rotate for the Enviroment map work? Does it rotate around sketchups origin, or does it rotate the map around its center?
It has the effect of rotating the environment map about the camera position. Unfortunately, whenever you use this feature you have to re-export your entire scene (can't use Quick Export)

Stinkie
Indigo 100

Post by Stinkie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:41 am

Whaat,

I reinstalled SkIndigo. Previewing now works flawlessly.

As for the 3 component jpeg thing, I'm still puzzled.

crc

Post by crc » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:49 am

VMD wrote:
Only problem I see so far is I don't get an image in the box in the Mat. Editor dialog. Just a square with an x. I copied the previews folder into the Indigo folder. Also, it will preview the image if I click preview by launching Indigo.
Is it not updating the 'X - blank image' after you preview? What I did was run a preview for a few mins then switch to another material then back to get a nice refreshed preview of the mat. It saves this image even after closing and reopening Sketchup.

The only issue/bug I have ran into is DO NOT drag a preset 'preview' image into this 'x - blank image' it seems to break the web interface and get stuck in some nasty loop. I do not know if this is preventable in future versions?

:)
That did it, switch to a new material and switch back and there was my little monkey head :shock:

Thanks!!!

hoosier

Post by hoosier » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:06 pm

Indigo version: 1.0.1

Problem:
This pops up everytime I try to access Skindigo settings, materials etc.

Last edited by hoosier on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:22 pm

hoosier wrote:OS: Vista home premium x32 bit
Indigo version: 1.0.1

Problem:
This pops up everytime I try to access Skindigo settings, materials etc.

So far, my research is telling me that this error is likely related to your firewall settings, security software, or possibly spyware. It does not seem to be caused by SkIndigo. In fact, if you look at your error message, you can see that URL causing the error is not a SkIndigo web dialog. I will keep looking into this. In the meantime, you could try temporarily disabling all firewalls and security software. It seems to be an IE issue.

Stinkie
Indigo 100

Post by Stinkie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:03 pm

Okay, everything works like it should now. Previewing is great, especially in combination with the roughness en reflectivity sliders. Finally someone like me (a former art student, not a physicist or code expert) can actually work with a render app in way that feels comfortable: visually (it's a lot like mixing paint now). So: muchos gracias, Whaat!

I'm pretty happy at the moment: finally I've obtained the tools I need. The combo SU/SkIndigo/Podium will serve me well.

Whaat, I feel like kidnapping you and TBD so you guys could come up with the definitive renderer together. ;) Thanks for your help, BTW.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:39 am

Stinkie wrote: Whaat, I feel like kidnapping you and TBD so you guys could come up with the definitive renderer together. ;)
Thanks, but the major credit should go to OnoSendai. :wink:

Stinkie
Indigo 100

Post by Stinkie » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:10 am

Oops! Forgot the main man! How rude of me. To make it up to him, he'll have his own damp little room in my basement. ;)

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:57 am

hoosier,

Have you tried disabling all firewalls to see if you can get it to work?

Also, I am curious if you are able to open the HTML files independent of SketchUp. Try double-clicking on the 'settings.html' file and tell me what happens. The material editor dialog will not work outside of SketchUp so don't bother trying.

Plugins\SkIndigo\Dialogs\settings.html

2kemon

Post by 2kemon » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:13 am

...I've tried most of the things mentioned in this thread, but I seem to be having the same problems as biebel :(

I've tried with both FF and IE as my default browser.
I've tried disabling my antivirus and firewall.
Changed settings in IE as instructed in this thread.

I found the file the dialog keeps mentioning, but I'm unsure what it does and what I can actually do with it - delete it? And I don't know what "document.getElementByld" is.

1) Windows XP PRO SP2
2) Indigo test 1.01
3) None of the windows contain anything skindigo related.

Would really like to get started with this, since it seems so interesting, but I'm getting nowhere here :(
Attachments
error3.jpg
error3.jpg (68.96 KiB) Viewed 3505 times
error1.jpg
error1.jpg (170.7 KiB) Viewed 3507 times
error2.jpg
error2.jpg (65.11 KiB) Viewed 3507 times

88 posts