skindigo chair

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
2kemon

skindigo chair

Post by 2kemon » Wed May 16, 2007 9:24 am

Here's my first attempt with whaats brilliant exporter skindigo 0.71.

The chair is made by a f**king genius! :wink:

I know I haven't done it justice with only 2 hours of rendering at a low number of consecutive rejections at my burned out laptop. But that will let me test the resume function, when I'm off to work in the morning...

I hope the genius doesn't mind me posting a render of his work?

I know it's nothing when you compare it to the work of most of you render wizards, but it's enough to get me pretty excited about the potential of this piece of software!

The cool thing about indigo is, that it seems like it's only a matter of time before you get your money shot!
Attachments
dcc.png
dcc.png (528.71 KiB) Viewed 2843 times

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Wed May 16, 2007 9:35 am

Looks great! Did you use the Quick Studio (courtesy of StompinTom) component that I included with SkIndigo?
Whaat

2kemon

Post by 2kemon » Wed May 16, 2007 9:45 am

No, actually I didn't. I haven't had the pleasure to play around with your components yet. (I'm not implying anything dirty here :lol:)

Is the grass component you talked about included? Cause that's one of the best ideas I heard yet. Grass always seems to be tricky...

EDIT
Oh goodie, oh goodie! It is included. Very nice! Just another thought.
Has anyone created a material test scene for indigo? If so, it could be nice if a friendly soul would post it so us SU'ers could create a skippy of it.[/i]

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Wed May 16, 2007 10:19 am

2kemon wrote: Just another thought. Has anyone created a material test scene for indigo? If so, it could be nice if a friendly soul would post it so us SU'ers could create a skippy of it.
There is a material test scene available and I have converted it to Sketchup. I had some problems with the UV mapping so I didn't include it yet. Maybe someone can help fix the texture mapping for me.
Attachments
mat preview.zip
(1.8 MiB) Downloaded 262 times

crc

Post by crc » Wed May 16, 2007 10:34 am

I dl'd the file, but when i export, i get an error saying there was no such material as brick? and there is no brick material in the Materials list, just the brick-clip. Am I missing something? nice scene though.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Wed May 16, 2007 11:10 am

oops! The checkered texture used to be a blend material and I deleted the materials that were in the blend. Just change the material type to diffuse or something and it should work.

crc

Post by crc » Wed May 16, 2007 11:19 am

got it, thought maybe i might learn some trick :wink: j/k
messing around with it now, this will be good to learn blend materials on (and other tests) can't quite get my head around, although i haven't really tried much yet.
.8 stable is much faster that's for sure :D

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed May 16, 2007 4:41 pm

Ah mate I know that chair anywhere "The Dick Deck Chair"! And yes you look close to the money shot!!!

Mate how could I be at all unhappy about seeing it ever turn up as a test render.

By the way I have posted a very cool natural weave texture, clip map and bump map to the PPB that might work much better than the one included on the model. Look up Natural Weave in the textures forum.

I also support your idea of developing a material test scene for SU particularly for testing architectural materials!!!!

8 posts • Page 1 of 1