Display high poly models inside SketchUp

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
3D Software: SketchUp

Display high poly models inside SketchUp

Post by Lal-O » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:45 am

Hi guys !

I'd like to suggest for next Skindigo releases to implement a different way to display the imported linked geometry , something like empty triangles, lines or dots that represents the shape of linked .Obj file. It is kinda complex and time consuming to imagine what you will get by only placing empty boxes all over the scene, so, it comes to my mind the following workflow :

To open/import an .obj file in the INDIGO Stand Alone, edit materials and once is done, save the file to use it in Sketchup ( and also being able to edit materials, scale,rotate the geometry , etc. inside Skp , like any other Skp model :D ).

What you think ? Any chance of get it ? :)

(I hope this time my suggestion is considered :D ).

It would be something like this for example, but with sooo much more complex and heavy models 8) :
Attachments
Example.jpg

snorky
Indigo 100

Re: Display high poly models inside SketchUp

Post by snorky » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:58 pm

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:02 am

Hi snorky ! Thx for the reply :D

I do know well that linking geometry process, i use it all the time and that is the point , SketchUp is not capable of handle high poly models ( the program itself crashes or takes forever to open/load an evermotion tree or car for example ) so all we can do is to import an empty box, you don't know what you get 'till you render the file. Imagine to render the file over and over till you are happy with the scale , material , rotation or position of every single object in your scene.

Vray for SketchUp and Thea Render can do it without any problem, Indigo is more powerful than the other two programs so , why not to implement it if is useful and necesary? :D ... I just sayin' :roll:

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:25 pm

I hope this new year the suggestion is considered :D

4 posts • Page 1 of 1