Local Material Database

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
Post Reply
13 posts • Page 1 of 1
User avatar
Juju
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:49 am
Location: South Africa

Local Material Database

Post by Juju » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:12 pm

from my post here, which had no response

"Hi guys, maybe it's me, but how do you add materials to the Local Material Database (LMD)? I've gone to tools>show material folder and tried copying *.igm and *.pigm files there but they don't show up in the LMD in Indigo, even after closing the app and re-opening it. I've also tried file>import material but no luck."
Indigo 4 | skIndigo | SUpro 2018

User avatar
contegufo
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:41 am
Location: Lucca ITALY

Re: Local Material Database

Post by contegufo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:04 am

On the Mac, everything works, try installing again.
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Mac Mini 2011 - 2,3 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 Mb.
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6



https://www.behance.net/Paolo_Conti

User avatar
Juju
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:49 am
Location: South Africa

Re: Local Material Database

Post by Juju » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:10 am

Thanks for the report back. I was referring to Indigo and you're referring to skIndigo... I'm posting it here since I use SketchUp.
Indigo 4 | skIndigo | SUpro 2018

User avatar
contegufo
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:41 am
Location: Lucca ITALY

Re: Local Material Database

Post by contegufo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:54 am

OMD (Online material database) works and you can find materials which then appear LMD (local material database).
I too can not load materials stored in the directory where there are also others.
:(
Mac Mini 2011 - 2,3 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 Mb.
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6



https://www.behance.net/Paolo_Conti

indigonatic
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: Local Material Database

Post by indigonatic » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:29 am

Hi Guys,

You need to download DB Browser for SQLite here.https://github.com/sqlitebrowser/sqlitebrowser/releases
in order to edit and key-in your customized local material so that it will appear in the Indigo local material database.

Once you have save it in the DB Browser For SQLite it will appear in the directory.
You may need to restart Indigo Renderer.

Hope this helps.


:)
Attachments
sqlite.JPG
sample of material edited and added in the local material database.

User avatar
Juju
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:49 am
Location: South Africa

Re: Local Material Database

Post by Juju » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:16 am

Anybody? Nobody? Not even the site admins and/or developers have an idea?
Indigo 4 | skIndigo | SUpro 2018

User avatar
Originalplan®
Posts: 737
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:58 pm
3D Software: Cinema 4D
Contact:

Re: Local Material Database

Post by Originalplan® » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:16 am

Juju wrote:from my post here, which had no response

"Hi guys, maybe it's me, but how do you add materials to the Local Material Database (LMD)? I've gone to tools>show material folder and tried copying *.igm and *.pigm files there but they don't show up in the LMD in Indigo, even after closing the app and re-opening it. I've also tried file>import material but no luck."
Hey Juju.
I'm on OSX and AFAIK Local material data base contains materials downloaded from indigorender.com so it is stored as such. ( cache ) Inside ~/Library
So if you want to have a nice big material collection of all Indigo materials on your specified folder on your HDD or external HDD and have them available from local material database inside Indigo then you are out of luck.

(You can drop materials in the ~/Library folder...but the mat needs to be in cache to show up. And to be in cache you need to download them via Indigo (inside the app)) But it's not a solution cuz time to time you will have to flush your rendering cache to not have GB of finished renders sitting around inside the Library.
>Thats what the Options> CLEAR CACHE button is for.

But i think this LMDB will be addressed in the future. Until then keep downloading the mats you want and keep them in cache.

User avatar
Juju
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:49 am
Location: South Africa

Re: Local Material Database

Post by Juju » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:32 pm

I hear what you say but it makes zero sense.

When you select online material database it takes you to the online material database (duh!) from which to select, the same should be true for the local material database then, otherwise having the button there is useless.

I do not want to go online to get materials all the time, what if there is a connectivity outage? Why are the materials then made available to download by means other than through Indigo? It seems like something is broken rather than the explanation given above...

From what I can tell, the online manual/FAQ also isn't clear on this. Maybe it's just me that sees it this way?
Indigo 4 | skIndigo | SUpro 2018

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6182
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Contact:

Re: Local Material Database

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:12 pm

When you browse the online material database from inside the Indigo UI (Window > Online Material Database), then download a material from that window, it will show up in the local material database.

User avatar
Juju
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:49 am
Location: South Africa

Re: Local Material Database

Post by Juju » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:09 pm

OnoSendai wrote:When you browse the online material database from inside the Indigo UI (Window > Online Material Database), then download a material from that window, it will show up in the local material database.
Is there no way to place / register already downloaded materials in that location?
Indigo 4 | skIndigo | SUpro 2018

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6182
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Contact:

Re: Local Material Database

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:19 pm

Juju wrote:
OnoSendai wrote:When you browse the online material database from inside the Indigo UI (Window > Online Material Database), then download a material from that window, it will show up in the local material database.
Is there no way to place / register already downloaded materials in that location?
We actually have some code to add existing materials on disk to the local mat database, I'm not sure if it's enabled in the UI yet though. We'll look into this and add it!

User avatar
Juju
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:49 am
Location: South Africa

Re: Local Material Database

Post by Juju » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:20 pm

OnoSendai wrote:
Juju wrote:
OnoSendai wrote:When you browse the online material database from inside the Indigo UI (Window > Online Material Database), then download a material from that window, it will show up in the local material database.
Is there no way to place / register already downloaded materials in that location?
We actually have some code to add existing materials on disk to the local mat database, I'm not sure if it's enabled in the UI yet though. We'll look into this and add it!
That will be super, thanks for the effort!
Indigo 4 | skIndigo | SUpro 2018

User avatar
Originalplan®
Posts: 737
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:58 pm
3D Software: Cinema 4D
Contact:

Re: Local Material Database

Post by Originalplan® » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:42 am

Juju wrote:I hear what you say but it makes zero sense.

When you select online material database it takes you to the online material database (duh!) from which to select, the same should be true for the local material database then, otherwise having the button there is useless.
Local material database has the materials you download from the online material database. 8) To put it simple.
It's not useless cuz you don't have to download the same material again & again & again....

To have a collection of your materials somewhere on your computer and open that folder via local material database is another story..that was i was trying to explain above. :) never mind.

Post Reply
13 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest