Section planes and suns

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
elysapo

Section planes and suns

Post by elysapo » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi SkIndigo community

Is there a way to either get diffused shadows with the regular sun OR is there a way around section planes not cutting out legacy sun?

I hope this doesn't come off sounding strange, but as an interior design student I've grown accustomed to using Indigo to render not only perspectives but also plans (easier to ensure continuity between materials, interior lights etc.). The legacy sun with an override allows me to produce way softer/diffused shadows than with the regular sun, and while in the past I've just "hidden" ceilings, I'm working with multiple floors, so I need to be able to use horizontal section cuts, only they seem to be also cutting out the sun (upon exporting get error message there's no light). I've tried messing around with time/date and turbidity but it still comes out too sharp. One photo is the best result I could get after playing with settings, the other is from an older project with only one floor (where I hid the ceiling and the shadows are closer to what I'm looking for) Is there a way around this?
Attachments
FP-02_DOWN.png
Plan_DOWN.png

1 post • Page 1 of 1