Architectural Glass? Easy workaround?

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
crc

Post by crc » Tue May 15, 2007 5:50 am

Richard wrote:
crc wrote:I've also done some interiors with sunlight coming through the glass and haven't had any problems, other than the multiple day rendering times :shock:
And my point is??????? (other than the multiple day rendering times)!
I hope my post didn't come across wrong, I was just trying to understand what the problem is, that maybe you were trying to do something I didn't know about. this is all a big learning process for me and I'm always looking at new ways of doing things and new things to try out.

I never opened a command line until I started using Indigo, or used a renderer, so I am very new to all of this.
:D

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue May 15, 2007 6:16 am

Not at all mate, just using your last point to reinforce mine!

You will note that on an exterior render the render generally is pretty much done or good enough to be used after a few hours other than the wait for the glass to let some sunlight into interiors!

Your point that multiple day render times are the result is what I would suggest a single plane solution could solve!

Looking at your image here http://www2.indigorenderer.com/joomla/f ... php?t=1704 you can see the windows are still black and little if any light has penetrated the interior after 6 hrs yet the rest of the render is fairly good. Nice work BTW!

The solution presented by nextlimit (maxwell) would see these interiors light parallel with the exterior!

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Tue May 15, 2007 6:22 am

uhm.. the windows aren't black. just the walls behind, which, I guess, is given from the light angle, mainly comming from behing the house...
(Not shure, though: I can't see the sun in that HDR)

and you have to admit, that this isn't lastest version.
0.8t3 may be much faster ;)

kwistenbiebel

Post by kwistenbiebel » Tue May 15, 2007 1:10 pm

Kram1032 wrote: and you have to admit, that this isn't lastest version.
0.8t3 may be much faster ;)
...did you guys know that Whaats Skindigo also works with the latest indigo build?
Aha....it DOES.
You can even use the 'hybrid' render settings.(by setting it in the ini-file after export).

cheers...and wish me more time to experiment with indigo....;)

Kwistenbiebel

gorgon

Post by gorgon » Tue May 15, 2007 7:18 pm

Kwisten
I wish you more time to experiment with Indigo (then you can drag me up to standard) :D

hey crc have you given up on ppb it would be good to see you over there...

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue May 15, 2007 7:56 pm

kwistenbiebel wrote:You can even use the 'hybrid' render settings.(by setting it in the ini-file after export).
Mate I've looked for information on this feature but found zip. ANy care to give some explanation???

By the way I wouldn't be certain the speed gains of 8 if any will grant a suitable outcome to my glass issue!!!

The problem as I see it is that if you are waiting long for nothing other than light to get through the glass the speed is still hampered by this downfall!

Cheers mate!

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Tue May 15, 2007 8:58 pm

Here is the link to the first version of Indigo that had hybrid mode and Ono explains what it does right in the first post. If you don't get it, then i recommend you to keep reading until you reach to page 4 where Manitwo gives a longer explanation 8)
http://www2.indigorenderer.com/joomla/f ... php?t=1808
Take care !

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue May 15, 2007 9:03 pm

Thanks mate!

2kemon

Post by 2kemon » Tue May 15, 2007 11:31 pm

I'm definately backing up Richards wish for an AGS-like feature in the future...

manitwo

Post by manitwo » Wed May 16, 2007 1:55 am

OnoSendai wrote:Yeah, just needs some moonlit clouds :)
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread. ... 7&t=495994 :wink:

crc

Post by crc » Wed May 16, 2007 3:18 am

Thanks for the link,
I'll definitely be trying that out. Also, help me with figuring out how Indigo places the exr from sketchup. Since, as i understand it, there isn't any way to place the exr within sketchup?
manitwo wrote:
OnoSendai wrote:Yeah, just needs some moonlit clouds :)
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread. ... 7&t=495994 :wink:

crc

Post by crc » Wed May 16, 2007 3:18 am

gorgon wrote:Kwisten

hey crc have you given up on ppb it would be good to see you over there...
I'll register agian when i get the chance, thanks for the invite! :D

42 posts