Page 1 of 1

Render settings

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:51 am
by Onizuka
Hi,
I have an important question..
I need to reinstall Windows Seven on my computer. I wanted to know if I do that, will I loose all my rendering settings, texture effects, bump maps, materials type, etc etc ? Or is it saved into the sketchup file just as the texture files are ?
Its very important that I know all I have to know before reinstall my computer, because with all the time I spended on all my scenes the last 3 years, I will be very bad if I lost every parameters...

Please ?

Re: Render settings

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:32 am
by OnoSendai
Hi Onizuka,
Settings are generally stored in the SketchUp file.
Watch out for backing up external (linked) Indigo materials though!

Re: Render settings

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:37 am
by Onizuka
Thanks for your answer ! Ok for the linked materials then.

So after reinstalling windows, when I will put my files on my computer again, reinstall indigo, etc etc, I will have all my parameters ?

Re: Render settings

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:31 am
by OnoSendai
Onizuka wrote:Thanks for your answer ! Ok for the linked materials then.

So after reinstalling windows, when I will put my files on my computer again, reinstall indigo, etc etc, I will have all my parameters ?
Yes, you should do.
There's an easy way to test this - move your SketchUp files to another computer and see if they work.

Re: Render settings

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:37 am
by Onizuka
Ok I will test that ! Thanks a lot Onosendai :)

Re: Render settings

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:20 am
by Onizuka
Should I also save the files "roaming/indigo renderer", in wich are all the textures, the renders automatcly saved, etc ? Or is this part also into the sketchup files ?