"A problem occured with the scene"

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Onizuka

"A problem occured with the scene"

Post by Onizuka » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:58 am

Hi Everyone :)

I've recently updated my sketchup 8 version to the Sketchup make 2014 version. With that I upgraded my v3.4.16. version of Indigo ( yes I know its old lol ) to the Indigo version v3.8.0.
Then I opened my old sketchup 8 file with the new sketchup make 2014 version, and tryed to render my scene, without change any of the render settings ( I've keep all the parameters I setted before ), but after exporting, when normaly building scene, a message appears saying that an error occured with the scene; but even if in the past I could solve when an error occured with the scene, this time I dont really understand what the problem is, so I hope you can help me with this problem ! :)

It seem to be something with the phong materials but I dont really understand the problem, and how to fix it, please help me ! :)

I send a screen shot of the error message.
Attachments
Sans titrde5tgh4t.jpg
The error message

yonosoy

Re: "A problem occured with the scene"

Post by yonosoy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:02 am

Hi; if you can open the scene_name.igs and post the phong material part with the parsing problem is possible to take a look.
Thanks in advanced.
Edit: due to the type of error, if it is not an indiscrection, post the complete igs.
"... nor 0.2 galaxys, nor 0.8 little chikens ..."

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:47 pm

Here is the latest Indigo build 3.8.4, including the most recent exporter:
http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... =1&t=13041
polygonmanufaktur.de

Onizuka

Post by Onizuka » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:31 am

Hi thanks for your answers guys,

"Yonosoy", In fact I don't really know what you mean by "scene_name.igs" ( I'm still not an EXPERT in Indigo :P )

Bye the way, I uninstalled the sketchup 2014, and I've installed a french version of sketchup 2014 (because I'm french, so I prefer) and then I solved my problem with that error with the phong materials: in fact I didnt relocate the indigo.exe file... so I was still exporting to the old version, I guess that's the reason there was a problem, because then I could export properly. But it was an other file, a little sketchup file, with little number of components and polys...
If I retry with my huge file, the one that had the error, I have another problem now, even several problems... When I open Sketchup 2014 it seem to calculate a lot, and when I click on the "edit" button, it takes quite a lot of time to show the sliding menu ( only the "edit" button, not the others..), and when I'm adding a Bump Map texture file to a texture, if I go "back" sketchup close itself, and I have an error report; finally if I surpass this, and click on the rendering button to export to Indigo, it begins to export, and 10seconds later sketchup close itself, but with no error report, it just closes itself.

I tried to reinstall it, and also I reimported the file in a new sketchup window, but still problems.

So, "Zom-B", I'm going to remove Indigo v3.8.0 and instal v3.8.4 as you say, to see if it works better, but if someone has some other suggestions, that would be appreciate :)

(I hope I was clear for you, cause even for me not completely ! lol )

Onizuka

Post by Onizuka » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:49 am

I join a screen of the error message of Sketchup, I hope someone can help me
Attachments
Sans titrfbh458.jpg
Here is the error report of Sketchup's crash

Onizuka

Post by Onizuka » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:54 am

So well, while I wait for the posts to be approved by the moderators, I've continued, so I installed Indigo 3.8.4, and it didnt work better, but I installed the skindigo rbz file version 3.6.28.3 (before I had the 3.6.28.1) and now it works, I can export my scenes into Indigo, and render them without problems. :)

But I still have this bug / crash of sketchup when I go back at the moment I should select a bump map image; and the error report highlights something with the "undo" action, as seen on the screen shot.
Also it seem not to happen on a new empty sketchup windows, only on my models.

So it is frustrating, I hope someone can provide me a solution, I don't find the same pobleme somewhere else
Attachments
Sans titrfbh458.jpg

6 posts • Page 1 of 1