Displacement/Bump on Xfrog External Mesh Materials

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
sidewalk
Indigo 100

Displacement/Bump on Xfrog External Mesh Materials

Post by sidewalk » Fri May 10, 2013 6:41 am

I'm using the external mesh feature to instance Xfrog trees in .obj format. Everything's working great, but I can't figure out how to apply displacement or bump mapping to the materials since they're not mapped to any geometry within the SketchUp model. Is this even possible on an external mesh?

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Displacement/Bump on Xfrog External Mesh Materials

Post by Pibuz » Sun May 12, 2013 11:12 pm

As far as I know, when you link am external mesh it's good to have it already mapped. If so, you have base diffuse textures on all surfaces, SO you can edit your corresponding SketchUp material and give it whatsoever additional textures, since they will be mapped following the UVset on the diffuse channel.

cocash

Re: Displacement/Bump on Xfrog External Mesh Materials

Post by cocash » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:31 am

I don't know, if you solved the problem with bump/displacement mapping of external meshes, so I have to ask you the same question...How can I do it??? :D I thought that there can't be any subgroups inside the group connected with external mesh (=tree proxy)....cause if they are, the group can't be connected with external mesh :? . So how can I use bump and/or displacement mapping for leaves, bark, etc. if I can't create subgroups for UV mapping of each material?

3 posts • Page 1 of 1