Exporter update

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
noldo

Exporter update

Post by noldo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:56 am

It's possible to update the exporter (Sketchup) with some of the feature introduced with version 3.6.6?
Thanks.

Whaat
Developer

Re: Exporter update

Post by Whaat » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:02 am

noldo wrote:It's possible to update the exporter (Sketchup) with some of the feature introduced with version 3.6.6?
Thanks.
Hi Noldo,

It is being worked on, albeit not as quickly as I had hoped. Next version will have support for coating materials, spherical cameras, and hopefully double-sided thin materials as well. There will be an experimental new and cool feature too!

Remember, you can create an IGM with the new material features in Indigo 3.6.6 and then use it SkIndigo by selecting a Linked IGM material type. :)

noldo

Post by noldo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:31 am

Whaat wrote:
noldo wrote:It's possible to update the exporter (Sketchup) with some of the feature introduced with version 3.6.6?
Thanks.
Hi Noldo,

It is being worked on, albeit not as quickly as I had hoped. Next version will have support for coating materials, spherical cameras, and hopefully double-sided thin materials as well. There will be an experimental new and cool feature too!

Remember, you can create an IGM with the new material features in Indigo 3.6.6 and then use it SkIndigo by selecting a Linked IGM material type. :)
I tried to use linked IGM with the new material (coating) in a existing scene, but some material is not linked correctly, and strange artifact appear...
Thanks anyway for future updating

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:23 am

..I've been recently using massive amounts of emitting materials, and I find that I'd rather put the "emission" parameter under the "emitter attributes" panel, instead of the current position (among the "material attributes" tab). For me, at the moment the GUi can be misleading..

I thought to post my opinion here, since you guys were talking about the plugin's update 8)

EXCITED about the new cool feature: could you spoil something for your fellow-ers? :lol:

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:58 am

Pibuz wrote:..I've been recently using massive amounts of emitting materials, and I find that I'd rather put the "emission" parameter under the "emitter attributes" panel, instead of the current position (among the "material attributes" tab). For me, at the moment the GUi can be misleading..
Yeah, I was recently thinking the same thing and I am not even sure why I ever had it in the material attributes area.

EXCITED about the new cool feature: could you spoil something for your fellow-ers? :lol:
OK, I'll spoil the surprise. I've got a new feature to instantly create your own custom material preview scene from a SKP file. You can also have as many of these custom scenes available as you want all selectable from the SkIndigo UI.

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:05 pm

OHOHOH!
..that's the present for the next Xmas or are you late for the last one? :lol:

That is coool! Thanks! It reminds me Indigo 0.8, when I first fiddled with it a little and added a simple and totally naive mat scene test :oops:

6 posts • Page 1 of 1