Installed Demo, but it won't open.

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
gatorman4017

Installed Demo, but it won't open.

Post by gatorman4017 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:20 am

I downloaded the demo (RT with Skindigo) and installed it with no problems.
I'm running Windows 7 (64bit) i5 2.30 GHz 6GB RAM.
I can open SketchUP and open the Skindigo Tool Menu within it. When I click on the Material Editor and the Render Settings buttons, both pop up windows open with no problem.
When I try to hit "Render" though, nothing happens. IndigoRT won't open. I can't open it from my start menu either.
I previously had a demo of 3.2 installed from about a year ago, but I uninstalled it. I've reinstalled 3.4 several times; nothing. I've restarted the computer; nothing.

Any suggestions?

I can't buy it if I can't get it to load...

I've looked through the support forum, but haven't found any topics that I thought would help. If I missed one that would be relevant, I apologize. Just point me in the right direction...

gatorman4017

Re: Installed Demo, but it won't open.

Post by gatorman4017 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:01 am

Ok... I installed SketchUP 8 and Indigo RT on another computer.

This time, after installation, I got the 30 day Trial is beginning window. I didn't get that on my computer.
IndigoRT will open from the start menu, but when I attempt to render from SketchUP, I get an error window that says,

"In order to render with Indigo, you must download and install the Indigo Renderer application"

I click ok, and then it opens a window that attempts to locate Indigo.exe

What am I missing? If I didn't get the 30 day trial window on my machine when I installed the demo, does that mean it just didn't install correctly?

UPDATE: I manually found the indigo.exe file so it works now on this machine, but still no luck on the other.

JK

Re: Installed Demo, but it won't open.

Post by JK » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:57 am

Plugins -> SKindigo -> set Indigo path. I noticed an error when sometimes indigo can't be found when unusual(non-english for example) characters are used for the folder name(those which need the proper coding). In polish these are for example " Ś " or " Ż ". Haven't experienced this for quite some time so I can't post any screen/bug reports.

Cheers,

3 posts • Page 1 of 1