SKindigo won't start, and materials can't be unpacked.

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
Jardar

SKindigo won't start, and materials can't be unpacked.

Post by Jardar » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:39 am

Hi!

I just installed Sketchup 8+Indigo 3.2.16 (licensed) on my brand new laptop with Windows 8, and SKindigo won't start up. When I press the "Render"-button, nothing happens.

Launching Indigo itself works.

Ruby console gives me this when launching Indigo from Sketchup:

Code: Select all

Error: #<Errno::ENOENT: No such file or directory - C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming/Indigo Renderer>
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/skindigo/skindigo_core.rb:1434:in `mkdir'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/skindigo/skindigo_core.rb:1434:in `get_indigo_app_data_path'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/skindigo/skindigo_core.rb:1311:in `get_user_app_support_path'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/skindigo/skindigo_core.rb:673:in `default_export_path'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/skindigo/skindigo_core.rb:727:in `export'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/skindigo/skindigo_core.rb:2167
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/skindigo/skindigo_core.rb:1434:in `call'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/skindigo/skindigo_core.rb:1434
Ruby console gives me this when trying to import a material in the material editor, along with the error message Errors occured while attempting to unpack the PIGM file.:

Code: Select all

Error: #<Errno::ENOENT: No such file or directory - C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming/Indigo Renderer>
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/skindigo/skindigo_core.rb:1434:in `mkdir'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/skindigo/skindigo_core.rb:1434:in `get_indigo_app_data_path'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/skindigo/skindigo_core.rb:1311:in `get_user_app_support_path'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/skindigo/skindigo_core.rb:673:in `default_export_path'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/skindigo/skindigo_core.rb:727:in `export'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/skindigo/skindigo_core.rb:2167
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/skindigo/skindigo_core.rb:1434:in `call'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/skindigo/skindigo_core.rb:1434
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/skindigo/skindigo_core.rb:1479:in `unpack_pigm'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/skindigo/skindigo_core.rb:3708:in `initialize'

cotty

Re: SKindigo won't start, and materials can't be unpacked.

Post by cotty » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:42 am

Does the directory "C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming/Indigo Renderer" exist?
Do you have all rights for this folder?
little gallery... http://unverzagt.biz/cottysgallery/

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:51 am

Looks like it has something to do with invalid characters in your username.

Hannes

Post by Hannes » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:09 pm

Regarding to the invalid characters in the [USER] folder, how can it be changed?
Or how to custom locate Indigo Renderer (For example: D:\Indigo Renderer or any location)
And I think this is the export problem in C4D
My main drive is D:\
error_cindigo.png
Indigo 3.6.2 | Indigo for C4D 3.4.18 | C4D R14 | Windows 8 Pro

JK

Post by JK » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:32 am

Create new user with normal characters + delete the old + reinstall (SK)Indigo? The easiest way i can think of.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:04 am

I'm confused, is this line from the actual log:

Or did you replace your name with [USER]?

Jardar

Post by Jardar » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:06 pm

I replaced my username with [USER] in the string of text posted, yes ;)

I will try to delete my user and create a new one without special characters!

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:43 pm

Indigo and SkInidgo *should* work with special characters. If something fails because of special characters, it's a bug. Can you post the error message without changing your name?
Alternatively you can send it to support@indigorenderer.com.
Thanks!

8 posts • Page 1 of 1