SkIndigo 0.6 Beta is available for testing!

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
manitwo

Post by manitwo » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:41 am

looking good peer!

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:14 am

Looks great, peer! It's nice to get some more feedback. I haven't heard a lot of feedback in the last week so I assume that there have been no major problems with the exporter. I have finished the final version of the exporter and it will be released soon. It's got a new feature that I think is pretty cool and I hope everyone will like it. I have also added (and will continue to add) more useful material presets so that common materials can be applied quickly without doing countless test-renders. I am currently finishing work on a scene that shows examples of all the material presets. This will have to do until the Indigo material database is finished.

peer

Post by peer » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:41 am

Thanks Whaat and Manitwo! No major problems indeed. I hope the inverse gamma is fixed? Is the new feature a surprise or not? :D Ok, I can wait a little longer I guess....
Anyway,
Tomorrow I'm going to update my scene with some chairs etc. I'm hoping it will become as nice as the office interior from Radiance.

Regards,

Peter

kwistenbiebel

Post by kwistenbiebel » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:12 pm

Wow Whaat,
That's great news...The plugin you made is quite easy to use.
I only have two suggestions (questions):

1. Can we render 'low thread'?
This could be very handy. Right now, rendering with the exporter eats all of my PC's resources and it would be nice if i could keep on doing some other work while the render is progressing.

2. Really big SU files give corrupt renderings. Is there a mesh number limit?
Has tis to do with the fact that the plugin generates a .3ds file which is limited in polygon count?...

Finally....A big THANKS to you Whaat for making indigo work with Sketchup.
When in Belgium, let's have a beer ;)

regards,
biebel

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:09 am

Kwistenbiebel,

You're welcome! And thanks for the suggestions. I welcome any other suggestions that would improve the exporter. I have looked into options for making Indigo run automatically in low priority. If possible, I will incorporate this feature in a future version of the exporter. For now, use Windows Task Manager (cntrl+alt+del) to change Indigo run in low priority mode. When I do this, all my other programs run at their usual speed.

I am confused about your second question. The exporter does not generate a 3ds file. I am not aware of any size limit on Indigo XML files. Does Indigo crash before rendering or do the renders look strange? If Indigo doesn't crash, make sure your faces are oriented properly. Also, try turning off smoothing. The largest Sketchup file I have tested with the exporter is about 6mb. If you can find a host for your file, I would be interested to download it and try it out.

I was in Belgium in 1998! Great country! But, I don't think I'll be able to come back anytime soon. I'll keep that beer in mind, though! :wink:

20 posts