SkIndigo 3.4.12

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
User avatar
Whaat
Developer
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:15 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

SkIndigo 3.4.12

Post by Whaat » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:07 pm

This release is a candidate for 3.4 stable. Requires Indigo 3.4.9 or greater.

#Version 3.4.12

#Fixed: IGM import of elements containing CDATA
#Fixed: absolute paths import for IGM and PIGM
#Added: option to cull geometry behind section planes (in advanced render settings)

#Version 3.4.4b

#Added: support for normal maps
#Fixed: errors which occur when a material name had leading or trailing whitespace

#Version 3.4.4

#Added: support for orthographic cameras
#Added: section plane support

Please report any bugs and error messages found in the Ruby Console Window.

To use section planes in a render:

1) Select a section plane. The plane cannot be inside a group or component.
2) Right click and select 'enable section plane'
3) Right click again if you wish to disable the section plane

Enjoy!

SkIndigo 3.4.12 Windows Installer
SkIndigo 3.4.12 Mac Installer

User avatar
Pibuz
1st Place 100
Posts: 2645
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Padua, Italy
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: SkIndigo 3.4.12

Post by Pibuz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:58 pm

Thank you Whaat!
Nice improvements!

FoXar
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: SkIndigo 3.4.12

Post by FoXar » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:41 pm

So far so good, everything seems to work with me!

I like to add that I cannot have enough nice words for Skindigo, it's actually the only reason I still use SU!
Cheers,
Roo Evans

User avatar
Whaat
Developer
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:15 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: SkIndigo 3.4.12

Post by Whaat » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:11 am

FoXar wrote:I like to add that I cannot have enough nice words for Skindigo, it's actually the only reason I still use SU!
:shock: :D

FoXar
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: SkIndigo 3.4.12

Post by FoXar » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Whaat wrote:
FoXar wrote:I like to add that I cannot have enough nice words for Skindigo, it's actually the only reason I still use SU!
:shock: :D
It's true, it's true! Although I've been thinking a long time to make the jump to 3ds Max lately beacause SU is just way too unstable for slightly complicated models, but Skindigo always got me stick to it and had barely let me down, still SU is burning me from top to bottom on a daily basis! :twisted:
Cheers,
Roo Evans

dmn
3rd Place Winner
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:42 pm

Re: SkIndigo 3.4.12

Post by dmn » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Whaat, this has really come a long way!
Two things:

A) The culling option isn't showing up in the advanced tab? This isn't a huge problem for me because it's easy enough to get to for still shots in Indigo. And wow. I've been wanting this for so long in a renderer, even with raytracing programs.

B) I've been trying to have both stable release indigo and most current release installed so I can work in the most current and fall back to the stable release if something blows up. I've set it up so I have 3.4.18 installed in the 64 bit program files directory, and 3.6.2 in (x86).
After digging around in the skindigo_core.rb, I found the quickest way to get skindigo to launch 3.6.2 was to rename 3.4.18's folder so the script wouldn't find it. Would you say this is a good method? :lol:
In the rb file I was trying to manually set the path:

Code: Select all

#try to get the indigo path from the registry
unless on_mac
	####replaced code
	#indigo_dir=self.get_indigo_path_from_registry
	#path=SkIndigo.get_indigo_path_from_program_files("Indigo Renderer")
	#path_rt=SkIndigo.get_indigo_path_from_program_files("Indigo RT")
	#if path!=nil
	#	return path
	#elsif path_rt!=nil
		return path_rt
	#end
	forcepath="C:\Program Files(x86)\Indigo Renderer\indigo.exe"
	return forcepath
this did not work :lol: Is there a point in the script I could alter back and forth so that it points to the preferred folder?

Alternatively, it would be nice to be able to optionally define the path in Skindigo settings gui.
I remember the reason indigo went to one folder on install was because it was a huge mess having a new folder for every version, but it might be a good idea to have the stable release install to 'Indigo Renderer' and betas install to 'Indigo Beta'. Just two folders might be tolerable.

User avatar
Whaat
Developer
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:15 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: SkIndigo 3.4.12

Post by Whaat » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:20 am

You can change the Indigo path by going to Plugins->Skindigo->Set Indigo Path

dmn
3rd Place Winner
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:42 pm

Re: SkIndigo 3.4.12

Post by dmn » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:42 am

:oops: ah, that makes perfect sense, thanks.

User avatar
Pibuz
1st Place 100
Posts: 2645
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Padua, Italy
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: SkIndigo 3.4.12

Post by Pibuz » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:38 am

..tested the exporter with an external 3ds mesh: seems not to be supported any more (Indigo warning message) but I remember it was before.

Checking with another model and the latest Indigo now..

User avatar
Pibuz
1st Place 100
Posts: 2645
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Padua, Italy
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: SkIndigo 3.4.12

Post by Pibuz » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:20 am

Checked with Ono: 3ds models aren't supported by Indigo anymore, so it was an Indigo and not a SkIndigo issue..
Back with another request: would it be possible to add SketchUp's "2 points perspective" feature? It is cool for some views..

User avatar
Pibuz
1st Place 100
Posts: 2645
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Padua, Italy
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: SkIndigo 3.4.12

Post by Pibuz » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:32 am

..and another one: sometimes the 3Dwarehouse guys import images directly into sketchUp, not using them as textures for materials. Skindigo obviousy gives an error message (warning: image component path "C:\..........." not found. You must explode this image component to render with Indigo), but it seems impossible to close the window. You can actually close it, but it immediately re-pops up.

User avatar
cotty
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:59 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: SkIndigo 3.4.12

Post by cotty » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:55 pm

Is there an planned update for the integration of some new features (e.g. sperical camera!) ?
little gallery... http://unverzagt.biz/cottysgallery/

User avatar
Whaat
Developer
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:15 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: SkIndigo 3.4.12

Post by Whaat » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:31 am

Pibuz wrote:Checked with Ono: 3ds models aren't supported by Indigo anymore, so it was an Indigo and not a SkIndigo issue..
Back with another request: would it be possible to add SketchUp's "2 points perspective" feature? It is cool for some views..
I tried but I do not think it is possible. You can however, use lens shifting to accomplish a similar result. I do it all the time in my home exterior renderings.

User avatar
Whaat
Developer
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:15 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: SkIndigo 3.4.12

Post by Whaat » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:33 am

Pibuz wrote:..and another one: sometimes the 3Dwarehouse guys import images directly into sketchUp, not using them as textures for materials. Skindigo obviousy gives an error message (warning: image component path "C:\..........." not found. You must explode this image component to render with Indigo), but it seems impossible to close the window. You can actually close it, but it immediately re-pops up.
That's weird. The warning message doesn't close properly? Does this happen only when there are multiple 'instances' of the image component? Maybe it is displaying once for each instance?

User avatar
Whaat
Developer
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:15 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: SkIndigo 3.4.12

Post by Whaat » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:34 am

cotty wrote:Is there an planned update for the integration of some new features (e.g. sperical camera!) ?
absolutely! I just need to find some time... :)

Post Reply
41 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest