Noise problem

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Pikadili89

Noise problem

Post by Pikadili89 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:25 pm

HI guys, I know a lot of similar question were asked but even trough all those posts I couldn't find a solution for my problem. The thing is that I turned on interior render with next settings : Bidirectional with MLT , MNCR is 1000,
Architectural glass acceleration is turned on, Supersample Factor is 5, world scale is 1, GPU acceleration is turned off, camera is agfapan-apx-100CD and I use enviromental map + sun for lighting. The result of the render wich was 35 hours long is this and I still have that anoying noise in it :cry:
Attachments
Enterijer 3.jpg

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Noise problem

Post by Pibuz » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi Pikadili89.
There is nothing looking like an artifact in your image, that means that you just have to wait longer. More important than the camera settings is your HD configuration, next time specify that too. One missing info is also the render resolution, but I really think you can spare some supersamples and render a little bigger image (..somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't remember anyone using 5 as a SS..).

BTW, world scale is a quite old parameter. Maybe you should check and update your Indigo version, because many things have benn optimized since then (since you're posting such a big image I suppose you purchased the license so you're able to update to the latest version without any charge).

Pikadili89

Post by Pikadili89 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:37 pm

Well resolution is 2300 x 1100, isn't that big enough? And about supersampling factor, you think that I rise it up? :) Thanks for advices!

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:45 pm

It always depends on what you have to do with the output image, but I think you can stick to SS3 and raise the resolution to something around 4000/5000 pixels of width

4 posts • Page 1 of 1