SkIndigo Progress Updates (Whaat's Development Blog)

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
kwistenbiebel

Post by kwistenbiebel » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:23 am

Thank you for the reply.
It sure does look promising.

(A question at the side:
Is there a resource where we can learn the difference between 'base emission' and 'emission'?)

crojack

Post by crojack » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:43 am

Looks really promising! I second KB's question about the emission stuff.

also, is that a new tut in the background to help show the new stuff?
(keeping fingers crossed)

and thanks, it can't be easy trying to stay up with Onosendai's release schedule!

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:41 am

kwistenbiebel wrote: (A question at the side:
Is there a resource where we can learn the difference between 'base emission' and 'emission'?)
I'm a bit confused myself, but I think 'base emission' is the color (or spectrum) and power of the emitted light. 'Emission' is a multiplier of the base emission. So...you could think of 'base emission' as the lightbulb and 'emission' as the filter. The filter could be a texture image that modifies the color of the emitted light.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, Ono....)

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:44 am

Oooooooh very exciting stuff Whaat!! :D I can't wait to try out these new features! :)

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:49 pm

Whaat, you're correct :)

But I think, emission isn't clamped to 1 (is it?)
So, it can also work like a filter, which actually adds light instead of removing it :)

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:24 am

I am currently re-working my code to allow external textures and shaders for all mappable attributes. This results in a significant workflow change for past SkIndigo users, but I think they will be happy with the result.

In the image posted below, the material has the specular reflectivity defined by the SketchUp internal texture. The checker clip map and the displacement map are defined by external textures and the bump map is defined by a shader.

Clip maps with displacement maps will not work in the current SkIndigo version so don't try this at home. Ono apparently modified the blend material code to not allow displacement anymore. Instead, the displacement is defined in the 'child' materials (which is actually better). Does anybody know if you can blend two materials that each have displacement? I haven't tried it yet....
Attachments
im1218690970.jpg
im1218690970.jpg (36.93 KiB) Viewed 3099 times

crojack

Post by crojack » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:39 am

Holy cow, that's a great looking mat.

kwistenbiebel

Post by kwistenbiebel » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:51 am

awesome material!

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:09 pm

Whaat wrote:I am currently re-working my code to allow external textures and shaders for all mappable attributes. This results in a significant workflow change for past SkIndigo users, but I think they will be happy with the result.

In the image posted below, the material has the specular reflectivity defined by the SketchUp internal texture. The checker clip map and the displacement map are defined by external textures and the bump map is defined by a shader.

Clip maps with displacement maps will not work in the current SkIndigo version so don't try this at home. Ono apparently modified the blend material code to not allow displacement anymore. Instead, the displacement is defined in the 'child' materials (which is actually better). Does anybody know if you can blend two materials that each have displacement? I haven't tried it yet....
yes, you can.

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:38 am

Hey there Captain Whaat! Just writing to check in on current SkIndigo developments. What you working on these days? :)

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:10 pm

working on other projects right now.... :)

Still waiting for Ono to provide some information on how to get efficacy scale working with emitting materials. *ahem* :) Then, Blackbody Light and RGB Light materials (meshights) will be obsolete in SkIndigo.

I have made quite a few updates to SkIndigo since last release but haven't worked on it for awhile.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:19 pm

Whaat wrote: Still waiting for Ono to provide some information on how to get efficacy scale working with emitting materials
Check the latest documentation attached to the indigo v1.1.10 announcement post.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:18 pm

I am attempting to maintain a blog that provides info for all my plugins including SkIndigo. If you are interested, check it out here:

Whaat's Up SketchUp Plugins Blog

When I make a post in my blog related to SkIndigo, I will try to link to it from these forums as well.

Like this

:)

cpfresh

Post by cpfresh » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:51 pm

hi whaat. thanks for sharing the link to your blog, i wasn't even aware of half of your great plugins. that profile builder is absolutely fantastic and i really liked the teaser video, great production! :D

crojack

Post by crojack » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:40 pm

thanks Whaat, can't wait for the OSX Skindigo!

123 posts