SkIndigo 3.2.2 (beta)

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
Whaat
Developer

SkIndigo 3.2.2 (beta)

Post by Whaat » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:13 pm

Many fixes in this release and a few new features. Please consider this a test release. Requires Indigo 3.2.0.

#Version 3.2.2

#Fixed: mesh errors due to float export bug introduced in version 3.2.0

#Version 3.2.1

#Fixed: emission scale bugs
#Fixed: 'No such Material Default' errors

#Version 3.2.0

#Added: support for new Indigo sky model (to use old model, enable the legacy sky model checkbox in Render Settings)
#Fixed: Texture editor thumbnail not changing when loading new texture in certain situations
#Changed: completely reworked workflow for using multiple UV sets (UV sets created, saved, and loaded using Mesh Editor)
#Changed: throws error message and aborts rendering if not using perspective camera
#Added: support for SketchUp Image components (exported as diffuse material - cannot be edited inside SkIndigo)
#Fixed: normal smoothing precision errors introduced in version 3.0.15
#Removed: UV Mapping context menu
#Removed: 'Position Map' button in Texture Editor
#Added: UV Mapping options in Object Editor
#Changed: Object Editor now displays properties of the active mesh (group/component) not the selected one
#Added: automatic Indigo version compatibility check at SketchUp launch
#Changed: resolution preset from 1280x1024 to 1280x720
#Added: World scale setting (in advanced parameters)
#Changed: '..' button shows red background if invalid file reference is found
#Changed: emission scale of environment map now controlled by the emission scale setting of the env map material, not the render settings slider
#Changed: made it optional to export object animation
#Fixed: multiple UV sets
#Changed: no longer loading meshes from cache due to SketchUp not refreshing GUIDs when changing UVs of a mesh
#Fixed: error when applying an environment map material to normal geometry

Please report any bugs and error messages found in the Ruby Console Window.

EDIT: Updated to version 3.2.1 with two critical fixes
EDIT: Updated to version 3.2.2 with critical bug fix

Thanks for testing!
Enjoy!

SkIndigo 3.2.2 Windows Installer
Mac build coming soon...

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: SkIndigo 3.2.0 (beta)

Post by Pibuz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:08 pm

This is great. Thanks Whaat! We'll let you know of the bugs, if we spot any :D

Jeff Hammond
Indigo 100

Post by Jeff Hammond » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:36 am

indigo 3.2
skindigo 3.2
OS 10.7.2

indigo crashes.. skinidigo appears to export the scene.. indigo tries to launch then crashes every time.

not sure if this is a skindigo or indigo problem?

help ! :D

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:40 am

Jeff Hammond wrote:indigo 3.2
skindigo 3.2
OS 10.7.2

indigo crashes.. skinidigo appears to export the scene.. indigo tries to launch then crashes every time.

not sure if this is a skindigo or indigo problem?

help ! :D
Hi Jeff,

Did this scene work before with previous Indigo/skindigo versions? Can you try reverting to SkIndigo 3.0.15 or 3.0.14 to see if it works? (Both of these will work with Indigo 3.2.0)

Also, could you post the PIGS file for testing? Thanks!

Jeff Hammond
Indigo 100

Post by Jeff Hammond » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:57 am

Whaat wrote: Did this scene work before with previous Indigo/skindigo versions? Can you try reverting to SkIndigo 3.0.15 or 3.0.14 to see if it works? (Both of these will work with Indigo 3.2.0)

Also, could you post the PIGS file for testing? Thanks!
hey Dale,

it was just a clay cube which i tried testing but i'm not exactly sure where thing went wrong.. i sent the .pigs to support earlier and yves said he's isolated the issue so i'm assuming it's something in indigo itself.

i haven't tried this on my desktop (which has earlier working versions of skindigo/indigo).. i'm on my laptop which is use to test the betas so i'm not sure if the file works with older versions or not..

here's the pigs if you want to have a poke around though..
Attachments
crash.pigs
(2.79 KiB) Downloaded 214 times

alffrad

Post by alffrad » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:55 am

Same as Jeff:

Indigo 3.2
skindigo 3.2
Mac OS 10.7.2

Indigo can render only the caterpillar scene,
If I try to export from shindig, Indigo launches and crashes every time.

Thanks!!

Jeff Hammond
Indigo 100

Post by Jeff Hammond » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:21 am

alffrad wrote: shindig
lol.. that kept happening to me.
if you right-click on the word skindigo when it's underlined in red then choose 'Learn Spelling', Lion will quit trying to auto-correct 'skindigo'..

Frutiger

Re: SkIndigo 3.2.1 (beta)

Post by Frutiger » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:17 am

I don't know, I'm liking Shindig.

Is it too late for a name change?

kwistenbiebel

Post by kwistenbiebel » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Hi Whaat,
The issue mentioned here: http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 17&t=11184
remains unresolved in the new Skindigo/Indigo :(

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:50 am

There is a scale bug when applying the "scale" new feature
See http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 1&start=15

cotty

Post by cotty » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:57 am

I have selected tracing mode "alpha render" in the skindigo section advanced parameters, it didn't render an alpha image, because of the checked GPU acceleration checkbox. It would be heplful if a messagebox hints towards this problem or the checkbox is deactivated automatically with alpha render active.
Cotty
little gallery... http://unverzagt.biz/cottysgallery/

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:59 am

Hi Whaat!
The red signal indicating the missing textures is a wonderful addition!! Thanks a lot!
Yet, I encountered a little issue with that, I'm trying to reproduce it but I am in a little hurry so I think I will in the next days.

I was also trying the new workflow of the mesh editing: are the parameters supposed to work with all geometries (free faces) or only with groups/components?
BTW, I saw that selecting different geometries leaving the window open doesn't update the mesh info in the window (it would be cool to have the automatic update, sort of "entity info" panel of SketchUp).

Moreover, the mesh info seems quite wrong: the "active mesh" counts the free faces in the model, ignoring the selection. Is that correct? I can be totally wrong, since this is a new SketchUp feature.
Attachments
skindigo_mesh_edit.jpg

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:03 am

I also report that the world scale function is a little buggy (reported in the Indigo main engine topic): the three axes aren't scaled uniformly, but randomly.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:25 am

Pibuz wrote:Hi Whaat!
The red signal indicating the missing textures is a wonderful addition!! Thanks a lot!
Yet, I encountered a little issue with that, I'm trying to reproduce it but I am in a little hurry so I think I will in the next days.

I was also trying the new workflow of the mesh editing: are the parameters supposed to work with all geometries (free faces) or only with groups/components?
BTW, I saw that selecting different geometries leaving the window open doesn't update the mesh info in the window (it would be cool to have the automatic update, sort of "entity info" panel of SketchUp).

Moreover, the mesh info seems quite wrong: the "active mesh" counts the free faces in the model, ignoring the selection. Is that correct? I can be totally wrong, since this is a new SketchUp feature.
Hi Pibuz,

In version 3.2.1, the mesh editor reports the properties of the 'active mesh', not the selected mesh (group/component). You need to double-click and enter group edit mode in order to start editing the properties of a particular group/component. This was changed from 3.2.0 for a variety of reasons. I hope it is not too confusing.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:28 am

Pibuz wrote:I also report that the world scale function is a little buggy (reported in the Indigo main engine topic): the three axes aren't scaled uniformly, but randomly.
Yes, I did see this report. When I tested your file, I found that at 0.01 scale, the issue you reported occurred but at 0.02 scale or greater there was no problem.

It is not clear to me yet if this is an Indigo bug or a SkIndigo one. I need to investigate further.

Thanks for the report!

Please continue to test this feature at other scale levels to see if you find any other problems.

66 posts