SkIndigo 3.0.14 (3.0 Stable)

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
FoXar

Re: SkIndigo 3.0.10

Post by FoXar » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:26 am

@ Bosseye, you should higher the number of segments in SU, by default a circle consists of 24 straight lines in SU. You can change it by clicking the circle tool -> type in the number of segments and enter (you can see the number of segments in the right bottom where your dimensions are shown)

Hope it helps!

Cheers
Cheers,
Roo Evans

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:27 am

Bosseye wrote:Awesome stuff Pibuz, really good :D

I'll post this here, doesn't really warrant a thread of its own - a quick sketchup question, is there a way to subdivide meshes better in sketchup. As you can see from the attached the basic sketchup subdivision is really low which makes my glasses look very angular...

I'll buy whaats $22 plugin if I really really have to... :P
Heh...I've actually lowered the price to $15 on Smustard. However, I recommend using the new Artisan plugin instead. It costs more but has many more features. :)

www.artisan4sketchup.com

OR, you could wait for the next release of SkIndigo which will support Indigo subdivision smoothing. Then, you could subdivide your glass all you want.

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:37 pm

Whaat wrote:OR, you could wait for the next release of SkIndigo which will support Indigo subdivision smoothing. Then, you could subdivide your glass all you want.
That is great! I guess the next SkIndigo release will rule 8)
Thanks Whaat! Sounds awesome!

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:43 pm

Ok these are the two models. One contains the three kinds of grass patches used in the scene (what I call basic scene), the other scene is the actual model of the renders. I didn't save the camera, but all the rest is set to make the sunset render (high turbidity). If you look for a less hot climate -as in the first render- just lower the turbidity and adjust the sun position (at the moment override is active.

The model of the grass in the first render is an external-linked obj, maybe I can share the model if you want. I didn't recall where I got it, but it's goooooood :lol:
Attachments
grass_field_test.rar
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 243 times
grass base.rar
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 243 times

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:21 pm

Whaat wrote:
Bosseye wrote:Awesome stuff Pibuz, really good :D

I'll post this here, doesn't really warrant a thread of its own - a quick sketchup question, is there a way to subdivide meshes better in sketchup. As you can see from the attached the basic sketchup subdivision is really low which makes my glasses look very angular...

I'll buy whaats $22 plugin if I really really have to... :P
Heh...I've actually lowered the price to $15 on Smustard. However, I recommend using the new Artisan plugin instead. It costs more but has many more features. :)

http://www.artisan4sketchup.com

OR, you could wait for the next release of SkIndigo which will support Indigo subdivision smoothing. Then, you could subdivide your glass all you want.

Heh, I already looked at Artisan and thought it sounded awesome.

To be fair I didn't even realise you had written a load of clever plugins, I was rummaging on the Sketchucation forums looking for subdivision plugins and stumbled across your name and thought 'hello that sounds familiar....'

Generally I don't do much organic modelling so I don't have any massive need to subdivide much I suppose, I just wanted to be able to should the need arise. Nothing wrecks my Indigo renders like a sink or toilet with obvious division lines, so I might be able get Artisan bought as a work expense....

Or just wait for Skindigo..... :mrgreen:

Thanks Pibuz, I'm going to download and have a rummage when I get time.

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:22 pm

FoXar wrote:@ Bosseye, you should higher the number of segments in SU, by default a circle consists of 24 straight lines in SU. You can change it by clicking the circle tool -> type in the number of segments and enter (you can see the number of segments in the right bottom where your dimensions are shown)

Hope it helps!

Cheers

Ooo, and thats very helpful too - cheers! :D

Xaon

Post by Xaon » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:04 pm

J'ai un bug au niveau de mon verre pourtant il est structurellement réaliste... ? :?
Attachments
verre-02.jpg

FoXar

Post by FoXar » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:29 am

Thank you so much for the share Pibuz! I'll make sure to put it to good use ;)
Cheers,
Roo Evans

Whaat
Developer

Re: SkIndigo 3.0.14 (3.0 Stable)

Post by Whaat » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:11 am

Updated first post with version 3.0.14. Please update as this provides a critical fix for environment maps.

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:13 am

Nice! Thanks!
Does this version introduce the supa-fast export processing and automatic instancing of groups and components?

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:59 am

Pibuz wrote:Nice! Thanks!
Does this version introduce the supa-fast export processing and automatic instancing of groups and components?
Sorry, this version does not include that yet. The reason is that those features still require a fair bit of testing and tweaking before a stable public release. I hope to have a beta released that includes those features within 2-3 weeks.

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks! And no worry, it was a simple question :oops:

Andy Andreev

Post by Andy Andreev » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:45 pm

Thank you so much for the share Pibuz! I LOVE THE GRASS :o

Xaon

Post by Xaon » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:27 pm

Est-il possible de spécifier le dossier dans lequel le .exe d'Indigo se trouve ?
Indigo n'est pas installé dans le dossier par défaut et je n'ai pas envie de le mettre ailleurs... :roll:
Le message s'affiche lorsque je lance un rendu.
Sans titre.jpg

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:30 am

Xaon wrote:Indigo n'est pas installé dans le dossier par défaut et je n'ai pas envie de le mettre ailleurs... :roll:
Apparemment c'est la seule solution envisageable pour l'instant.

Whaat, is the renderer path detection something that will change in the future ? Xaon would like not to have to install Indigo into its default location... so far he hasn't.
obsolete asset

98 posts