UV Mapping Materials w/ Skindigo

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Frutiger

UV Mapping Materials w/ Skindigo

Post by Frutiger » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:16 am

So, I'm trying to make some new materials for skindigo and it's all going swimmingly, but every time I try to run a preview in the material editor dialog or apply the pigm/igm in a new model, the texture gets all whacked out of proportion. What's up with that?

Soup

Re: UV Mapping Materials w/ Skindigo

Post by Soup » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:21 pm

Are you using projections? Tried clearing the UV sets? (right click > SkIndigo > UV > purge)
Post a screenshot of both the SketchUp and Indigo images.

compadrelucas

Post by compadrelucas » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:18 am

Hi there. I have that problem sometimes. Is there a special precaution when using projected textures on skindigo?

I had an issue with a panel. I followed the UV mapping tutorial step by step and everything seemed to be ok...
But when I render the clip map is clearly out of place.

Both the clip map and the texture are projected on a smooth surface. Hidden geometry is turned on.

thank you for your help.

BTW I posted a question on this subject earlier. I wanted to know if there is further info that helps me understand the logic in skindigo's UV mapping.

galinette
1st Place Winner

Post by galinette » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Could you post screenshots of sketchup & render? If possible, also a screenshot of sketchup in "UV mapping tool" mode. Do you use a linked igm or a sketchup defined material?

Etienne
Eclat-Digital Research
http://www.eclat-digital.com

compadrelucas

Post by compadrelucas » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:51 pm

Hi etienne,
I had a similar problem and posted a question on it earlier:

http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 17&t=10718

The post contains images.
I came to the conclusion that my problem was due to not following the tutorial correctly. Although I still wonder what is the correct way to place a projected texture onto a complex surface?
My problem showed when using an UV set different to SU on the map placement interface. Seems the error relates to projected uv maps in different positions-sizes than the already applied albedo texture (from sketchup).
Thank you for all your help. I always read your posts, but only understand a third of what you write!!

5 posts • Page 1 of 1