impossible to change render path

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
djegoo
Indigo 100

impossible to change render path

Post by djegoo » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:07 pm

Hi all

I have a question about Skindigo in the render settings.
I would like to know if it is normal, or if i have a bug : I cannot change the path of the renders in the Skindigo renders settings.

I was asking this because in my office, we have memory restrictions and access restrictions, and the IGI and IGS files take some place where we normally cannot acces.

Actually i would like to know if for example i could change the path to a folder on my desktop or somewhere else not restricted by the network in my office ?
Regards Djegoo

Whaat
Developer

Re: impossible to change render path

Post by Whaat » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:11 am

djegoo wrote:Hi all

I have a question about Skindigo in the render settings.
I would like to know if it is normal, or if i have a bug : I cannot change the path of the renders in the Skindigo renders settings.

I was asking this because in my office, we have memory restrictions and access restrictions, and the IGI and IGS files take some place where we normally cannot acces.

Actually i would like to know if for example i could change the path to a folder on my desktop or somewhere else not restricted by the network in my office ?
Regards Djegoo
Well, IGS files can be saved anywhere if you choose 'Export Scene as..' from the SkIndigo menu item.

Currently, you cannot change the path where the PNG and IGI files are auto-saved. I wasn't sure if there was a need for this since you can save a PNG and IGI at any time to any location from the Indigo GUI.

Still, I suppose there are circumstances where you would want to change the auto-save path. I will add this feature to my todo list but it probably won't make it into the next version.

djegoo
Indigo 100

Post by djegoo » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:50 am

Hi Whaat

Thanks for that answer, i was getting crazy i thought our computers had problems 8) (cuz actually the network at my office is very bad and many of our compùuters are really weak)

Yeah i knew fot the IGS i could save anywhere, but when i stop a render, move the igi, and resume with that igi, it saves a new igi in the folder i don t want.

Thanks for enabling that for later ! even if the problem is not solved today, at least i know that it is not a bug.

wojtek-w

Post by wojtek-w » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:59 pm

djegoo wrote:Currently, you cannot change the path where the PNG and IGI files are auto-saved.
:oops: when YOU say this, my question may be really stupid, but what about 'save IGI' checkbox and path prompt for igi and preview files below it in 'output' tab?
Attachments
skindigo_path.jpg

djegoo
Indigo 100

Post by djegoo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:38 am

Hi Wojtek.
It is not a stupid question, and it is exactly what i am talking about, i thought it was overwrite-able (overwritable? over-writable? over-write-able? blaahhhh.... :mrgreen: ) but it isnt.

Visually it looks like it is but it isn't (yet 8) )

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:56 am

djegoo wrote:Hi Wojtek.
It is not a stupid question, and it is exactly what i am talking about, i thought it was overwrite-able (overwritable? over-writable? over-write-able? blaahhhh.... :mrgreen: ) but it isnt.

Visually it looks like it is but it isn't (yet 8) )
Yeah, it's readonly. It just tells you where to find the renders but cannot be modified at the moment.

FiveAG

Post by FiveAG » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:25 am

Can indigo interrupt at any time and continued to render the same scene at another time?

7 posts • Page 1 of 1