Dev thread - trueSpace2Indigo v1.0.9 exporter

Announcements, information, requests and support regarding other exporters and general/new exporters
15 posts • Page 1 of 1
clintonman

Dev thread - trueSpace2Indigo v1.0.9 exporter

Post by clintonman » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:04 pm

Continuation of Johny's earlier thread - http://www.indigorenderer.com/joomla/fo ... php?t=1905

Fixed the script so it would run with v1.0.9 of Indigo
Added file open dialog button because the current button didn't work for me
Added a tab with a file dialog to choose the Indigo exe file
Added code to run indigo after the igs file is exported
trueSpace cross product function not working so added math to compute vertex normals

Clinton

The new file dialog for the igs file is to the right of the igs text. It is an open dialog instead of a save dialog so it needs extra steps to work.
Click the button
Right Click in the list of files and choose new file(any type)
Name it what you want with an igs extension and say OK to the warning
Click on the new file to select it and set it as the file to write to
Attachments
tS2Indigo1.0.9V0.00.zip
(135.79 KiB) Downloaded 614 times

kellpossible

Post by kellpossible » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:35 pm

sounds great, might give truespace a try!

Burnart

Post by Burnart » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:06 pm

Good on you guys - I've downloaded the script and the 1.09 v of Indigo - will see how I go.

v3rd3

Post by v3rd3 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:05 pm

kellpossible wrote:sounds great, might give truespace a try!
Do give it a try... I like it a greate deal... As you can tell it has a great community as well.

kellpossible

Post by kellpossible » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:21 pm

are there any good websites for learning how to use truespace? Because the downloads on those videos (on truespace website) are too much for me

v3rd3

Post by v3rd3 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:16 pm

If the videos are too demanding I would suggest you work through the manual that accompanies TS. There are videos that you can download to accompany the manual.

Other than that I would suggest that you join the forums on the Caligari web site and ask any questions you may have. Search first because there are a lot of small tuts that experienced users have put in the forums to assist new users.

The TS community on the forums is a tight group and extremely supportive.

kellpossible

Post by kellpossible » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:11 pm

thanks, it looks like a really good program, and it works way better on my laptop than blender, so I might give it a go for making an animation or something.

v3rd3

Post by v3rd3 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:32 pm

The caveats I will give you for doing animation are:

1. there are 2 sides to Truespace. The new engine is referred to as the workspace side. The old engine, operating as a plugin of the new engine is called the model side. The workspace side can comfortably be used with the undertstanding that it is realtime. Support for offline rendering is being developed by 3rd parties using Yafaray and is expected soon.

2. Given that the new engine is "new" the model side can still run a lot of the old 3rd party plugins. Equivalents for the workspace side are being developed or are scriptable using the tools provided but a true feature by feature equivalency does not yet exist. Most of the old plugins are no longer available for sale but there are a number of really good ones that have been made freeware by their authors. There are a couple that are still distributed as shareware but purchasing them is nigh on impossible.

3. That said, using indigo renderer will only happen on the model side using the plugin from here.

Fundamentally you will have to choose between the workspace and the model side. The workspace side is terrific to work with. The realtime environment produces some incredible work and seeing the result of your efforts while you work is inspiring.

The model side does offer more tools to choose from though and I personally continue to use it for many things.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi, Clinton and V3rd3

It's a good thing to see some movement around here, Clinton !

I would like to point out that tS2Indigo would benefit from announcements in the very TrueSpace community, I assume there are not too many TS users floating around atm.

I suppose that was done already.

I dared telling coz I am also in charge of an exporter for wich I had no feedback on these forums recently, but am settling up a micro Indigo community in a distant Maya forum, with relatively good successes until now. Better than here, certainly :)
obsolete asset

GoodFun

Issue rendering text objects

Post by GoodFun » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:07 pm

Hi there,

I've started to play around with your indigo export script and I've found that text objects are not getting rendered in the correct location and also with the incorrect rotation... has anyone else experienced that problem?

afecelis
3D Software: Blender

Post by afecelis » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:15 pm

Hi Clintonman, thanks for this integration effort. I just downlaoded the version for indigo 1.09 but it doesn't have any installation-basic usage indications.

I see it's just a .RsScn file but how or where are you supposed to place it and how do you get it to show up Indigo's option's in TS?

thanks for any help, I'm not too much into truespace but I'm willing to learn.
regards,
Alvaro
AMD Ryzen 7 1800 @3.6ghz, 32GB ddr4 3200 mhz Ram, Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB, Win10, Blender/Sketchup/Modo/Cinema4d

kellpossible

Post by kellpossible » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:02 pm

I'm just having trouble using this script, can you post some instuctructions on how to use it? I can see that it is a model file, so how can I use it to export to indigo, if it is not imported as a plugin?

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:05 am

Just in case this is the related thread in Caligari forums:

http://forums1.caligari.com/truespace/s ... php?t=7597

Since Johnny started the script, I suppose you'll find install instructions nearby.
obsolete asset

afecelis
3D Software: Blender

Post by afecelis » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:14 am

Great! thnx CTZn! ;)
AMD Ryzen 7 1800 @3.6ghz, 32GB ddr4 3200 mhz Ram, Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB, Win10, Blender/Sketchup/Modo/Cinema4d

clintonman

Re: Dev thread - trueSpace2Indigo v1.0.9 exporter

Post by clintonman » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:12 pm

I've been updating this script but haven't been keeping this forum up to date. The latest can be found here:
http://www.clintons3d.com/plugins/trues ... index.html

I also added some tutorials to the page.

Clinton

15 posts • Page 1 of 1