10 posts • Page 1 of 1
Vancliff

Error: No object matches name: lightLinker1.incandescence

Post by Vancliff » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:28 am

What does it mean? I am using Maya 8 exporter

arneoog
Indigo 100

Post by arneoog » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:02 am

bkircher wrote::idea: Just checked the Hypershade connections, Maya 8 passes a 2nd message to the light-linker (concerning shadow-linking).

As a workaround, shadow message can be disconnected.

:D
That should solve it till we can get it sorted out in the exporter :)

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:34 am

Indeed that solves it. That is exactly one connection by shader. ANY shader must have this removed (blinn, phong, lambert, are there more for Indigo ?), but any node that is not a shader can keep it plugged.

Vancliff

Post by Vancliff » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:41 am

CTZn wrote:Indeed that solves it. That is exactly one connection by shader. ANY shader must have this removed (blinn, phong, lambert, are there more for Indigo ?), but any node that is not a shader can keep it plugged.
Doing this with so many shaders is a P.I.TA. :?

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:55 am

I have to agree, but if you can do mel thats a one click operation. Alas I can't, and I do it manually too.

The precise connection to remove is:

ShadingGroup.message > lightLinker.shadowLink.shadowObject

Also if you have deleted all history may remain some nodes around the shapes, they show grayed out when you show incoming and outcoming connections for the shape in the Hypergraph. Just delete them manually.

You can estimate yourself lucky, because I've been without responses for days myself. That done everything should work as expected, if not you know where to ask ;)

And last note: these issues arrise with Maya 8, the devellopers own Maya 7 that's why.

Vancliff

Post by Vancliff » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:35 am

CTZn wrote:I have to agree, but if you can do mel thats a one click operation. Alas I can't, and I do it manually too.

The precise connection to remove is:

ShadingGroup.message > lightLinker.shadowLink.shadowObject

Also if you have deleted all history may remain some nodes around the shapes, they show grayed out when you show incoming and outcoming connections for the shape in the Hypergraph. Just delete them manually.

You can estimate yourself lucky, because I've been without responses for days myself. That done everything should work as expected, if not you know where to ask ;)

And last note: these issues arrise with Maya 8, the devellopers own Maya 7 that's why.
Yes I appreciate the fast response. I was wondering how it would take manually to remove all those connections in the architectural renderings. :D

Vancliff

Error: No object matches name: lightLinker1.incandescence

Post by Vancliff » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:53 am

I have found that one need to erase the light linking in the material before proceeding to export. So one need to do that with every material shader once is created.

Could anyone post the mel script to do that instead manually?

yourdaftpunk

Post by yourdaftpunk » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:41 am

http://www.shawnlipowski.com/scripts/mt ... kerFix.zip

Edit: I think the version I uploaded creates rectangle lights through the menu now (as meshlights).
Last edited by yourdaftpunk on Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:04 am

Thank you :!:

Vancliff

Post by Vancliff » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:35 pm

yourdaftpunk wrote:http://www.shawnlipowski.com/scripts/mt ... kerFix.zip

Edit: I think the version I uploaded creates rectangle lights through the menu now (as meshlights).
Thankyou too!!

10 posts • Page 1 of 1