MayaToIndigo_1.0.97 (beta)

Announcements, requests and support regarding the MAYA exporter
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
CTZn

MayaToIndigo_1.0.97 (beta)

Post by CTZn » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:04 pm

This version adds controls for procedural textures. The exporter core was reshaped, right now the code is not optimized but overall functionality is close to maximum I hope:

MayaToIndigo_1.0.97_beta1.zip

Here's another amateur video tutorial which may give you a few hints:

procedurals_With_Maya.avi

I hope you will have fun rendering Maya procedurals with Indigo, I have been finding this rather inspiring.

A proper documentation will come on a later stage, since the interactive GUI (see the 'test' tab) will change the relation between MtI and its users by a great deal.

Though some changes require documentation, this will be adressed shortly. Your questions are welcome, and can become part of a MtI FAQ.

Enjoy.

PS: all Updated links refer to the one above.
Last edited by CTZn on Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:55 pm

updated !

Last minute error woops, corrected bug wich was overwriting existing mti_settings. The user can again specify the default values loaded for the settings by editing manually mti_userPrefs.mel.
obsolete asset

mamoret

Post by mamoret » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:27 pm

Thanks a lot CTZn :D

I hope I can test this one soon

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:09 pm

Thank you mamoret !

Updated: added bump support for glossy_transparent (Maya phong)

You switch from phong to glossy_transparent by checking the refractions box in the Raytrace Options parameters of the shader.
Last edited by CTZn on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:55 pm

See note in post below

Updated (experimental): redesigned the Indigo Shelf and modified the scripts in a way that allows the user to create MtI settings, edit them and launch the render without having to call the main window once.
Last edited by CTZn on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:45 pm

Updated:
  • Reintroduced nk_data for phong
- Nk_data supports bump and emission.
- glossy_transparent (checking 'refractions' in raytrace options of the phong shader) has precedence over nk_data.
  • added missing icon
Please note that the previous update was a test (buggy) feature, formerly I was supposed only to add the settings button but I'll generalize the principle. Right now even for the (shelf) 'settings' button to work I used a dirty hack.

I hope to make MtI's initialisation more "interactive" in the future ;)
Last edited by CTZn on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:57 pm

On a side note, I think the former candidate for a test release is now close to stable. It will not be perfect until a moment, but I think that generally speaking I'm making less a mess of it, I'm starting to feel at ease with some parts; I rewrote them :)

In the case that you are finding that some features that were used to be present in MtI are not there anymore, please let me know wich. Clearly I'm refering to the 'replace' feature, that was used on phongE nodes, adding a note (text) to them. Now the note system is generalized to all materials (*edit: "now that I'm generalizing it", woops was deactivated too for test version, coming back soon), functionality shifted subsequantly. If you feel that's something that you have integrated in your workflow, again please let me know.
obsolete asset

7 posts • Page 1 of 1