Page 1 of 1

Bug hunting under linux

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:24 am
by dougal2
I now have a working copy of Maya under linux, and am starting to explore how well MtI works in this environment.

I notice the following problems:
Pprogress windows don't close,
The icons appear to be missing in the MtI window,
RenderDirect won't work because of the current wine requirement.

I'll try to fix these this evening.

Anything else to report ?

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:13 am
by dougal2
REV 199
made changes to the generated shell scripts to make them work.
now launching the following command from a .sh file:

Code: Select all

nice -4 wine start /WAIT indigo /path/to/scene.igs
which works.

So, RenderDirect now works :)

the resume script also works, use it like:

Code: Select all

doug@quadUBUNTU:~/testscene$ ./mti_untitled.igs_resume.sh /path/to/indigo/renders/im1201212056.igi
(all one line) to resume your render, if you use the Save IGI option.

still have problems with progWin and icons.

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:31 am
by Sinister
I'v just installed indigo under linux and got few troubles:
I can't connect bump2d to indigo shader:
and interface problem - list of nk data selection does not scrools :)
with arows choosing is possible but I couldn't see what I choosing :)

Image

maybe you know how correct it ?

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:12 am
by dougal2
I think the bump map problem is due to Maya picking up an old version of the indigoShader.

Have a search in ~/maya/ for indigoShader.py and remove any copies that are NOT in
~/maya/<VERSION>/scripts/MayaToIndigo/indigoShader/

Also check in ~/maya/<VERSION>Maya.env that MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH references ~/maya/<VERSION>/scripts/MayaToIndigo/indigoShader/ and not any other folders that might not exist.


As for the interface problem... yeah, bummer. I'll have to think of a workaround for that.