- region rendering
- different filter settings

Indigo 1.0.6:
http://www.indigorenderer.com/joomla/fo ... php?t=3479

First-time users: I made some tutorial videos on how to set it up properly
#1 http://www.indigorenderer.com/joomla/fo ... php?t=3123
#2 http://www.indigorenderer.com/joomla/fo ... php?t=3141

Changes in this release:
Changes include getting MtI to put XML fragments for materials and meshlights back into the shader notes field.
Enter <!-- mti_replaceNotesShader --> in the notes for shaders that define materials, or <!-- mti_replaceNotesMeshlight --> in the notes for shaders that are emitters for meshlights. After exporting, you will find that these tags have been replaced with XML code.
Meshlights will read this code on the next export, but only PhongE shaders will read the material XML.
There are toolbar buttons to help insert this code into the selected shader.

IGM's can be loaded for assigning to objects. The IGM function was written with the original IGM spec in mind and will only work if the material defined in the IGM has the same name as the filename. MtI does not search the contents of the IGM file at present.
Usage: Select objects, press button, find IGM file.
As per the (first) specification for IGM, the created shading group will use the filename (no extension). If you wish to use a different material defined in the file, you will need to manually rename the shading group.
The created PhongE shader only serves to load the IGM via an <include> tag and is named [MaterialName]_Loader

The version number has been bumped up to reflect the latest version of indigo supported by MtI.

The output batch files have been renamed slightly, and an additional batch file is created (currently windows only) to easy resuming renders. Simply drag + drop your last IGI file onto it and indigo will resume.

There is a new option to save materials out to separate IGM files.

The camera aspect ratio is now set properly, and the resolution presets match those built into Maya.

extra_atmospheric is now supported.

I also re-arranged lots of the settings in the scriptnode to put them in better logical groups, and to put things in the same order as they appear on the GUI (where relevant).

I think the GUI has changed since the last release too.

Revision 200, attached fixes exit portals bug and renderdirect on linux.

UPDATE 6th Feb 2008
Revision 207

Moved progress bar to main GUI window. Disabled separate progWin window creation. (For linux compatibility).

NEW Maya plugin shader.
Created scripted plugin indigoShader, and adapted MtI to use it.
NB1: You need to install both MtI and the plugin from this revision for this to work.

Installation instructions:
a) install MtI in the usual place.
b) copy the icons to the usual place - there is a new icon for the indigoShader node
c) copy the indigoShader folder and it's contents to your scripts directory (%MyScriptPath%)
d) edit your Maya.env and add the following:

Code: Select all

MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH = %MyScriptPath%/indigoShader
or amend your existing MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH to include the above path. %MyScriptPath% should have already been defined when you installed MtI.
e) Launch Maya, open the Plug-in Manager (Window menu -> Settings/Preferences)
f) Click the browse button and find indigoShader.py in your user scripts/indigoShader folder
(EDIT: step (f) might not be necessary. indigoShader.py should already be in the list)
g) Once loaded, choose Auto-load.

Now you can assign an "Indigo Shader" to an object and have direct control over the proper indigo parameters for materials.

NB2: There is NO support for bump or exponent maps in this first version of the plugin.

NB3: The shader plugin doesn't do any real shading within Maya or MR, Maya will render a flat colour and MR renders black iirc.

Full change log is in the .zip as per usual.

Have fun :)
Attachments
MayaToIndigo020080206.zip
(209.79 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
Last edited by dougal2 on Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:12 am, edited 10 times in total.

vux

Post by vux » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:04 am

THANK YOU VERY-VERY MUCH :D
aVery thanx for maya-supporting for this UFO-render :D

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:07 am

No problem :)

Let me know if you find any bugs, or need things explaining - I haven't bothered to update the documentation yet.

vux

Post by vux » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:20 am

You said "(currently windows only)"
So I want to Wait some time... BeCourse I`m Linux-user...

At this time I used blendigo but i was confused with it setting (especcialy with camers) So I very want maya scripts for export to I (scripts- be caurse I`m linux-user)...

so

MAN, you doing GREAT JOB !!! DONT STOP IT !!!

PS sory for baad E...
Last edited by vux on Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

vux

Post by vux » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:20 am

and of course - MAYA FOREVER :wink:

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:28 am

The windows only bit is for the drag+drop resume script file. I don't currently know is linus would work in this fashion.

It would be easy enough to create the file for linux using $1 syntax, but I've no means of testing it currently.

Also, I've just realised, on linux MtI makes no allowance to run indigo under wine - it attempts to launch the indigo executable directly. Since there are no recent indigo linux builds, don't expect the "RenderDirect" settings to work.

If you want me to spend time making them work, I will need some of the commands you linux users regularly use to be able to script in something that might work for most people.

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:29 am

Lol...
What's so hard with the camera settings? :)
They're not that confusing and should be quite similar in M2I...

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:33 am

you can basically just set the camera up using it's Maya attributes, and MtI renders what you see.

For the exposure/tonemapping side of things, everything is in the scriptnode ISO/shutter etc.

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:45 am

same in Blender....

vux

Post by vux » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:05 am

OK :D
In my case I just want to PUSH button RENDER in Maya
without export to blender

2kram

I realy very like Blendigo. I was learned Indigo with it - VERY THANX to Blendigo-developers :D

but

I`am simply MAYA-user :oops:

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:07 am

export from Maya to blender ?!? :shock:

ok, ok I'll work on linux compatibility next - however first I need to make my stubborn WiFi drivers work.. :(

vux

Post by vux » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:15 am

thanx :wink:
you must Know - there are MANY users in Linux - be course Linux is REAL PLATFOFM for Cg

THANX again...

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:29 am

@Dougal:
Well, how should he use blendigo without exporting from Maya to Blender? :P

I see, vux :) I know that you're Maya user... I just wondered what's the problem with camera settings... They should be *quite* similar from exporter to exporter...

vux

Post by vux » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:50 am

Kram - there are no problems with settings in blender/Indigo but for me it is convenient with camera setup. Im simply dont may to export accurate camera settings from Maya to Blender :)

vux

Post by vux » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:52 am

Kram, give me simple way to export camera from M to B and I will HAPPY)))

45 posts