Page 1 of 4
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:22 am
Nothing much has changed in this release, but there have been a few tweaks here and there to the export process to make it work more smoothly.
I mostly want to get this release out before the Christmas holidays, as it's quite stable and no doubt over the holidays I'll have a bit of time to do further development.
Biggest changes are:
- better support for display layers / export visible
- removed "File exists, Overwrite" prompt for .objs
- better support for HDRI maps
- fixed HDRI/BGcol gain
- better linux support
There might be a few more, check the CHANGELOG.txt as usual
Suggestions on how we can move MtI forward into v1.0 are welcome.
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:46 am
Great thanks !
Will check that later, gtg now.
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:09 pm
I've done some experimental work on the GUI:
- moved some controls into sections where they make more sense
- made each section a collapsible frameLayout
- put all tool buttons into shelf tabs, and removed the need for show/hide toolbox
- generally made the controls fit a bit better, also made the main window the correct size
Please let me know if this was worth it, or whether it was better before.
(I prefer it
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:45 am
more work on GUI.
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:59 am
Looks good so far, the tools stuff is nice ! I guess the scriptNode is still a mess, thought...
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:25 am
CTZn wrote:I guess the scriptNode is still a mess, thought...
yup. i don't think there's much we can do about it though, I've looked at the AEtemplates stuff and it would seem to re-define templates for _every_ scriptnode (or node) and not a specific one (ie, mti_settings).
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:50 am
would seem to re-define templates for _every_ scriptnode
You mean it would reset templates and do it's own ?
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:52 am
well, I looked at some examples that modified shader nodes.
for example a proc called AElambertTemplate (or something) will define a new template for every lambert node, not a single individual shader.
further than that, how they actually work is still a bit of a mystery
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:14 am
I've added an extension of bkircher's <!-- mti_UseCommentAaMaterial --> concept to the code.
If the Notes field contains
Code: Select all
<!-- mti_replaceNotesMeshlight -->
then the notes field will be replaced with the light settings during export.
On _subsequent_ exports, this notes field will be used for the lights
If the notes field contains
Then the material XML will be put into the notes field.
Currently only PhongE materials will use this code in further exports.
I've also added 2 helper buttons to the GUI to insert the correct <!-- mti_replace??? --> tag into the shader's notes for you.
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:19 am
Added option to save materials to separate .igm files (in scene folder). When this is enabled, the materials are written into the main scene as <include>s.
Changed default scene file extension to .igs
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:19 pm
Having some problems... It seems to export to .xml OK, but Indigo freezes on the scene file:
Building Mesh '|group6|pCylinder3|polySurfaceShape1'...
0 vertices (0 B)
0 triangles (0 B)
Couldn't find matching cached tree file, rebuilding tree...
calcing root AABB.
I have included the .mb here, if you could please check it out...
[EDIT] Damn - to big to put here...
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:54 pm
it's because that particular object has a build history, the "original" meshes don't export correctly, but can be safely deleted.
Code: Select all
as you can see, it's an empty mesh anyway - 0 verts/tris
I've already asked Ono to handle this error more elegantly in future too.
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:06 am
Thanks! I will try cleaning up the history - meanwhile, here is a mental ray clay render =)
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:20 am
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:53 am
I am getting better in Maya - unfortunately, I am mortified on how difficult the transition from Maya to Indigo is. I cant really blame the script, as some of it may be Indigo too. I found the issue that was stopping Indigo before: It was the buttons on the fan, and deleting the history did not help. The render went fine only after DELETING all buttons but the first
On the upside, I am really liking MentalRay... LOL