Error when loading IGM. No object matches name

Announcements, requests and support regarding the MAYA exporter
11 posts • Page 1 of 1
fourzeronine

Error when loading IGM. No object matches name

Post by fourzeronine » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:18 pm

// Error: file: maya/scripts/mti_xml.mel line 94: No object matches name: //

This is odd because indigo use to work fine now that I finally finished all my textures its not working. :(

CTZn

Re: Error when loading IGM. No object matches name

Post by CTZn » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:13 am

Interesting new bug, I have not pinpointed it yet.

The fix is easy however: just link to an IGM wich works, and before exporting change the path to the IGM you want to use. The path is accessible through the linking Maya material notes in the Attribute Editor, or through the Indigo Editor for that material.

The content to edit should look like this:

Code: Select all

<!-- mti_UseCommentAsXML -->
<include>
	<pathname>H:/Indigo/shaders/myMaterial.igm</pathname>
</include>
The IGM content verification wich is failing on you in this case happens during linking but not during export so you can fool the bug around !

Or, just paste these lines directly into any eligible material's notes and set the path manually to bypass checking.
obsolete asset

fourzeronine

Post by fourzeronine » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:54 am

Thank you for the response. I tried this yesterday but I was getting an error after Indigo would open up. I will follow your directions precisely tonight and I will respond here.

By the way, I'm working on a fairly large production and exploring the possibility of switching to indigo. We are currently using Maxwell but feel the OpenCL speed increase is worth it. Has there been any advancements in multi GPU as of late?

Thanks again.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:35 am

Thank you for the response. I tried this yesterday but I was getting an error after Indigo would open up. I will follow your directions precisely tonight and I will respond here.
Please report the error message raised eventually, that would help. I'm noting that linking to a PIGM isn't working here, I believe it has long been so(?) because the PIGM format was filtered out of the browser.
By the way, I'm working on a fairly large production and exploring the possibility of switching to indigo.
If you are planning to use Maya for this purpose, please make sure that MtI is fitting your needs beforehand. I'm responsible for what it is* and I'm afraid it is not what Maya users deserve. My involvement in this project is now minimal.

* In the most part, original contributors having left. At that time my focus was spanning over three lines max, and bugs were features...
Otherwise there is currently one (1) update planned eventually. I'm freaking out at the sight of the transforms related code portion, not sure that time will help here...
obsolete asset

fourzeronine

Post by fourzeronine » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:43 pm

I am using an IGM file. I didn't think it could read from a PIGM?

fourzeronine

Post by fourzeronine » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Ok. I did try this the other night, this is the error I get from Indigo when trying to render.

Thanks for your help.

A problem occurred with the scene:
Scene parsing error: Error while binding material 'clay' to geometry '|clay_ball_zerod:Mesh|clay_ball_zerod:MeshShape': No such material defined 'clay'
Indigo version: Indigo Renderer v3.6.26, Windows 64-bit build.
No metadata.
Please contact support@indigorenderer.com if you have any questions.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:32 am

Make sure that you have unchecked "only new", in the "Indigo Scene Definition" tab of the Indigo Render Settings. When it is set on, ulterior material renaming or new material assignements to previously exported meshes will be overlooked and cause such a mismatch (the references to the applied materials would not be updated within the OBJ file).

If this was unchecked it might well be a bug and I would need a stripped or dummy Maya scene (.mb 2013 or .ma file) reproducing the error if possible.

To clarify, when trying to link the IGM normally the exporter is raising one error, and when linking is done manually by editing the include path it is Indigo's turn, is this correct ?
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:55 am

One way to help debug the linking method would be to type the command:

Code: Select all

mti_XML2DAG "X:/path/to/my.igm"
and export the created hierarchy named XML1 as a .ma scene and send it over.

What's the material type please, does it involve sub materials and if so is 'clay' one of the sub materials ? There may be flaws in importing the recent coating and double sided thin materials.
obsolete asset

fourzeronine

Post by fourzeronine » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:41 am

the material type is Oren–Nayar. I will upload the requested .ma tonight. The material uses a color, bump, and displacement.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:02 am

I could replicate the error from 'line 94', it's right here I don't need the hierarchy asset anymore. Thank you for the report.

I'll investigate further and come back to you soon.
obsolete asset

fourzeronine

Post by fourzeronine » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:05 am

Any news regarding this bug? I would have to say it has something to do with exporting the Oren Nayer material type?

11 posts • Page 1 of 1