export problem emergency

Announcements, requests and support regarding the MAYA exporter
12 posts • Page 1 of 1
godpurenoob

export problem emergency

Post by godpurenoob » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:46 pm

i have problem to expor file from Maya 2011 64 bit to indigo to do the render farm, i don't know how to export the file as there is no Mti option for me to select all i saw was

assign IGM to selected
make material xml
purge selected meshes from disk
create node
add ati attribute to..
renderer path
force initialization
access advance setting.

pls help me in the exporter part, it took me almost 2 days and there was no clue about it ><

thx and sry for the broken eng

btw it was the latest indigo (trial) and the exporter

CTZn

Re: export problem emergency

Post by CTZn » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:49 pm

There is a network option available, I didn't implement nor test it though. It's getting old I suppose.

MtI menu (main window) > Access advanced settings > AE > mti_settings > extra attributes > Mti Network Working Master

and port below, both toward the end.
obsolete asset

godpurenoob

Post by godpurenoob » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:11 pm

do u mean after the setting i do, i jst need to normal render and the slave will automatic recieve the work?? and thx for reply

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:37 am

godpurenoob wrote:do u mean after the setting i do, i jst need to normal render and the slave will automatic recieve the work?? and thx for reply
Well, that's how I would expect things to happen ideally yes.

Updating the network options would be a rather trivial task though. Please let me know of your results with that (I own one single node, will use the feedback).
obsolete asset

godpurenoob

Post by godpurenoob » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:39 pm

thx it work very well but after i used it on slightly more complicated stuff, like adding shadow, shading, add on lighting, it won't be able to render ad,as it said shading is nt applied.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:08 pm

Could you be more specific about the scene please ? Many Maya options aren't supported, for instances shadows are not an option for Indigo.

Can you see an error message issued into the script editor ?
obsolete asset

godpurenoob

Post by godpurenoob » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:48 am

sry for a stupid question,
CTZn wrote:Can you see an error message issued into the script editor ?
what do u mean by see an error, do u mean there is an error in the script editor or there will be an error appear in the script editor?,

because i just quickly make a very simple sphere with some light and shadow, and as u mention shadow is not an option in indigo, will that mean that i will not be able to use shadow for my future project?

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:12 am

When selecting a Maya object (camera, material, geometry mostly), you should use the Indigo Editor (first button in the Indigo shelf) in order to see wich options are supported. Directional light options that are not displayed in the Indigo Editor can be ignored. Only the first directional that Maya will find will define an environment (see the Environment tab in the camera's Indigo Editor).

Indigo can not render without shadows as of 3.6.8, they are always "on". Next Indigo release may see improvements with the addition of a shadow pass.

I assume Maya issued an error, because you said that something was not working. A message eventually issued from Maya could give a good clue.
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:29 am

I'm adding network rendering options to MtI as should.
obsolete asset

godpurenoob

Post by godpurenoob » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:47 am

thx ctnz for the reply, as u mention that Mti can't render if the setting in the Mti is not set correctly, only the one that is not included in the Mti setting doesn't need to set right?? so in conclusion, i need to set the setting in the Mti setting, and it will allow me to render normally?? and finally is it set in the Mti adv/more setting part??

and as the network rendering, won't i get it when it using indigo to render, i can select network render and it will auto use network render??

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:31 am

There are network options, as extra-attributes for the node called mti_settings. Type:

Code: Select all

select mti_settings
and open the extra attributes section.

There you will find two or three options named Mti Network Port and Mti Maste Host Name and another one. My current copy of MtI has now these options available in the render globals (they have also changed names)

Yes you can start network rendering from the Indigo GUI.
obsolete asset

godpurenoob

Post by godpurenoob » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:29 pm

ok thx for the reply ^^

12 posts • Page 1 of 1