Page 3 of 3

Re: MtI 3.2.12

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:54 pm
by ior
Spotted a problem.

So, I went to a previous scene that I have made and exported a group of objects in maya binary, then I imported to the scene I am working and things started to go wrong:

I moved the group, rotated and enlarged it and when rendering the scene there was two objects, one at original position, size and rotation and another one at the position, rotation and size of the object I have moved.
I ungrouped it and moved, sized and rotated each object one by one, then when rendering, only one object appeared at the import position, but with the rotation and size of the modified object in maya.

Can you check for this problem and correct it till next release?


About the particles, if the pp motion blur is already done, the pp rotation is the thing missing that I can think of.
And in the future it would be nice to have fluid effects, but that must be harder. Doesn't it?

Re: MtI 3.2.12

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:08 pm
by CTZn
Can you save the (simplified) scene and preserve the error with it ? I'd like to have a look at this.

How would you like fluids to be rendered ? They must currently be converted to mesh.

Concerning particles, I think it will take a per perticle rotation attribute in the first place (rotPP) to get true motion blur.

sreckom, the paths fix will not make it for the next release. I guess I'll need a unix engine at hand somehow.

Re: MtI 3.2.12

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:16 pm
by ior
here it is:
dislocated object.rar
(339.68 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
the sphere is near the camera on the render

CTZn wrote:How would you like fluids to be rendered ? They must currently be converted to mesh.
It would be good if we can have the density differences in the smoke using isl like you said here:

http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... hp?p=89601
http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... &start=120

And also differences in emission and emission color for the burning parts of the volume.

so it must be created a shader or two layered shaders with the fluid mesh with isl with the voxel data.

Re: MtI 3.2.12

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:32 am
by CTZn
ior wrote:here it is:
dislocated object.rar
the sphere is near the camera on the render
I'm not sure how MtI should deal with this case. While the luz has a diameter of about 6 cm, it's scale is 30074.06. If I set it's scale back to 1.0 as it is when exported to OBJ, and query its bounding box, Maya returns "Not A Number".

You want to clarify the sphere transformations and remind that one scene unit defaults to one centimeter (as set in your scene). It is mandatory to have a correct scene scale before everything.

note: the MtI Global Scale Factor is the lenght in meters attributed to one scene unit. It ought to be the very Maya linear unit instead.

ior wrote:
CTZn wrote:How would you like fluids to be rendered ? They must currently be converted to mesh.
It would be good if we can have the density differences in the smoke using isl like you said here:

http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... hp?p=89601
http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... &start=120

And also differences in emission and emission color for the burning parts of the volume.

so it must be created a shader or two layered shaders with the fluid mesh with isl with the voxel data.
Indigo can virtually use voxel data as shading parameters. I don't know about volumetric emission. I'm looking forward for point clouds. Right now we'll think of particles in Indigo as particles instances.

The editor is squeezed with 2013, I may drop it at some point. Zut.

Re: MtI 3.2.12

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:18 am
by ior
CTZn wrote:I'm not sure how MtI should deal with this case. While the luz has a diameter of about 6 cm, it's scale is 30074.06. If I set it's scale back to 1.0 as it is when exported to OBJ, and query its bounding box, Maya returns "Not A Number".

You want to clarify the sphere transformations and remind that one scene unit defaults to one centimeter (as set in your scene). It is mandatory to have a correct scene scale before everything.

note: the MtI Global Scale Factor is the length in meters attributed to one scene unit. It ought to be the very Maya linear unit instead.
But for me, in maya, luz is located at -23.678, 0.702, -1.898 but is rendered as if it is located on 0, 0, 0. Not for you? You did not mention position and that was what I was talking about.

I will try to import object from a scene with the same unit as this one. Is that what you meant?

Re: MtI 3.2.12

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:01 am
by CTZn
ior wrote:I will try to import object from a scene with the same unit as this one. Is that what you meant?
I suppose that's what I mean, yes, I'm puzzled by this sphere. The position is correct in the IGS:

Code: Select all

<model>
	<mesh_name>|luz|luzShape</mesh_name>
	<scale>1</scale>
	<rotation>
		<matrix>6.677782784e-012 30074.06006 0 0 0 -30074.06006 -30074.06006 6.677782784e-012 0</matrix>
	</rotation>
	<pos>-0.2367752042 0.01898328108 0.007021213551</pos>
	<emission_scale>
		<material_name>indigoShader4SG</material_name>
		<measure>luminous_flux</measure>
		<value>1</value>
	</emission_scale>
</model>
in meters. It's the way the sphere scale merged into the main scene wich seems fishy, it might be a Maya thing. The scale ratio of 5000 is nonsense.

If you are using lumens then, try an Emission Value of 100 or 1000 rather. The Emission Modulator (light mask) will be deactivated if set to black. Using Base Emission alone is enough to emit light.

Re: MtI 3.2.12

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:33 pm
by ior
CTZn wrote:The scale ratio of 5000 is nonsense.
It was me that put the scale that way because the sphere was very small in the original import. I have just scaled it for you to see it using the handler.
I see the sphere with the scale ratio of 30074.060 as I open the scene i have upload.

Re: MtI 3.2.12

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:30 am
by ior
Well, it seems that the scene had no problems for you so...

But I tried to test groups on maya 2012 and 2013 and there is a problem with scale. It does not work.
If you scale a group, in indigo the group appears in the original size that it had when the group had been created.

I thought that you already fixed this, no?

Re: MtI 3.2.12

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:29 am
by CTZn
ior wrote:Well, it seems that the scene had no problems for you so...
I did reproduce the error, thank you for the report. The case is not closed though I didn't consider that issue further yet.
But I tried to test groups on maya 2012 and 2013 and there is a problem with scale. It does not work.
If you scale a group, in indigo the group appears in the original size that it had when the group had been created.

I thought that you already fixed this, no?
That is working for me, there must be something special going on on your side I think. Indigo does use Maya matrices quite straightforwardly though I am assuming that in some cases that may not be enough. To my understanding that cases are marginal. Are they not ?